Hi. I have some questions and I would like to get some quick answers. About a week ago I have experienced some simple flu like symptoms and I have contacted my GP over this. He gave me some antibiotics and told me I should use them for about 10 days. Last night I went out with some school bodies and I have drunk a few bears. When I came home I have realized what I have done. I forgot all about the fact that antibiotics and alcohol shouldn’t be mixed together. What could I expect?

Well, what can I say, if nothing happened ‘till know than nothing will.
Alcohol can increase or decrease effect of antibiotic.You didn’t mentioned what antibiotic you are using and that could be important because, despite a commonly held belief that antibiotics and alcohol don't mix, it is only necessary to avoid drinking alcohol when taking some types of antibiotics. Antibiotics from this forbidden list are for example Metronidazole, Cephamandole and oral Ketocenazole. So, probably you used some antibiotic that does not produce so many side effects but in future, you should avoid this kind of situations. Continue with your therapy as your doctor told you to.

I am currently at the point with a person before. I have some friends in town and was wondering if it is ok to still go out for a few drinks. I am currently taking Prednisone and amox clav from a spider bite i received a week ago. If i have a few drinks will it mess up everything?. I still have a few days left on them to take

You have to know which anitbiotics will be effected - not all willl - peniciliin types etc....

if you take isoniazid, how much does 5 standard alcoholic drinks do to you? does it have serious effects? if something does happen, what can be taken immediately to prevent any permenant effects?
so far i havent drunk alcohol for almost two months, but if say this weekend i end up drinking about 5 standard alcoholic drinks. WOuld that effect my liver severely?

I am taking teh Prevpac pack of antibiotics which include Lansoprazole amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. Im I allowed to participate in a wine tasting?

I just drank a fifth of 100 proof vodka, will it affect my usage of antibiotics?

:O what effect would you get if you had alcohol on top of antibiotics

Why do you drink while taking medication? Can't you give it a break while you are sick?? The least that will happen is that the drinks will flush some of the antibiotic out of your body. You couldn't drink the same amount of water over the same time.

While not definitive by any means, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic#Alcohol lists some of the antibiotics which "chemically react with alcohol, leading to serious side effects, which include severe vomiting, nausea, and shortness of breath. Alcohol consumption while taking such antibiotics is therefore explicitly prohibited."

These include, but are not limited to: metronidazole, tinidazole, co-trimoxazole, cephamandole, ketoconazole, latamoxef, cefoperazone, amoxicillin, cefmenoxime, and furazolidone.