Hello. I am a lot depressed and I have been prescribed Adderall for it. But the thing is, I drink a lot too. I should quit, I know. I know that any drug taken with alcohol is bad for you, but I don't know what are the side effects of taking Adderall with alcohol? Could it prove fatal? Some similar experience?

I have a father who was taking Adderall and booze at the same time, but I explained him same story I will explain to you. I looked into it. Yes, it is very dangerous! As a matter of fact it even turns positive on an urine drug test. Adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which are stimulants, so that is the reason of it causing addiction. The side effects of taking both can differ from slight dizziness to passing out to dying from overdose. So if you are smart you will not do it from now on.

I did this and not only did I almost kill myself but it really ruined my life and almost destroyed quality of living. I know that this a vague description but please do take me seriously. If you've never been to AA- go and check it out. It works- it really does. a little over 3 months later, I absolutely love my life today

i took 30mg adderall xr and had ONE drink and i ended up in the hospital because i couldnt stop throwing up. however ive heard of people mixing it with alcohol and being fine but its not worth risking it. I had the wost experience of my life.

mixing alcohol and adderall or other generic amphetamines is a terrible idea. i usually drink alot when i'm with my friends and i can remember a few times when i took a pill or two from one of my friends and woke up feeling terrible. not only was i nauseous all day, sometimes waking up vomiting, but it also made me severely depressed for about three days after each incident. its a horrible feeling that doesn't leave for three days and you feel extremely down on yourself and paranoid. in my opinion, adderall and drinking should not be taken to such extremes and should be avoided because besides the psychological effects, its also detrimental to your body and liver.

I've taken Adderall XR 10mg for a few years now. Sometimes I have a couple drinks, and sometimes many more. I think it seems to enhance the potency of the alcohol (get drunk faster than I do without the adderall) a bit, but other than that I don't notice much difference.

When you are taking a drug like adderall, it is a good idea to scale back your use of alcohol because it can cause an interaction with your liver, and that is very bad for your body. You may be able to get away with a drink every once in awhile, but other than that, it is best to lay off alcohol as much as you can.

I drink occasionally with adderallxr. I am on 20mg daily that I take in the morning. this is important since most of the adderall is out of your body within 12 hours.

I do find probably because of the greater drop from a stimulant to a depressant that the effect of alcohol seems greater. I can not drink as much as I used to and not be affected.

hello everyone! i am prescribed adderall and sometimes i use it recreationally, like right now. (i know its bad everyone but im not an addict and its only every couple of months, so PLEASE keep your opinion to your selves, thank you) but anyways, im on adderall right now and have been drinkin a lil with my husband all night. whats weird with me is that i DO NOT feel drunk and personally i dont like that cuz its a control thing. my sister did this once before, she did the adderall in the afternoon then went out drinking that night, after the adderall wore off she realized she was alot drunker than she thought. that can be dangerous for obvious reasons of alchohol poisoning. im sure a very low dosage as your talkin about and a few beers wouldnt hurt just dont go buck wild on it. too much of any controlled substance is bad, hence the name "Controlled". hope it works out for ya!

You might run into trouble if you have a low tolerance to both alcohol and adderall. Adderall increases the effects of alcohol, so if you took a pill during the day and plan on drinking make sure that 1) you drink at a slower rate, 2) have enough food in your system, and 3) are ready to party for a long night.

ps. my worst hangovers ever are from mixing both. I didn't black out or puke or get sick, but i did have a migrain the whole rest of the next day.

Like alcohol, every drug digested is proccessed through your liver so mixing both makes it work overtime, but if its not your first time taking adderall and you drink often enough to know your limits you will be fine. Adderall is a prescription drug taken several times a day and wouldn't be so openly prescribed if it caused serious damage. I have taken 20 mgs of adderall several times before going to the bar and had up to 12 shots and I know several other people who have done the same.

Has anyone experienced any really bad effects from mixing adderall and alcohol? Or using adderall as a stimulant before going out drinking?
I'm curious because my friends do this recreationally very often, and I'm worried about the potential risks. I don't want to end up in the hospital or worse. Anyone have any stories that might convince me not to join in?

My experience with mixing adderall and alcohol was horrible! It really all must depend on your own body though. Anyway. I took a 20mg dose of adderall @ 5pm. Went to a bar & had ONE drink. vodka cherry sour, @ 12:30am. After that one drink I did not feel goood attt allll. I went home and got in bed @ 2am and was throwing up uncontrollably by 3:55am. I could not stop shaking and had thrown up so much that I started to not be able to get a breathe in. I almost passed out a few times. I sipped gatorade but threw it all up too. Then I started having diarrhea which is horrible when you have to throw up & sh*t @ the same time! @ 7am I was ready to go to the ER cause I really thought I could die. But my bf told me to just lie down by the toilet on my side and deep breathe and I fell asleep. Thank god it's all over. Now I am in bed sipping gatorade with a horrible dehydration headache. I will NEVER drink with adderall again!! EVER!

I was perscribed Adderall without having ADHD and was abusing it.
Drinking was something I did on a social basis so didn't effect me too much, but as issues in my life became overwelming I went back to drinking heavly. I was a very angry drunk.
Last weekend I had about 6 drinks and because I also take clanazopam (as priscribed) so my balance is a little off.
I can consume a great amount of alcohol so 6 drinks is nothing. The bar manager deamed me intoxicated, because of the amount of adderall I was taking I more then flipped out. I remember the manager coming up to me and me telling her I was not intoxicated but they would not listen and instead of cutting me off they told me I had to leave the bar. It was my last night out with my husband because of a deployment. Thats when I blacked out and acted as a crazy person, I did not hit anyone but did not go out without a fight. Smashing down everything I could and outside was not any better I cursed out everyone was hitting cars. And the only way I know about this was my husband told me.
I had been abusing this drug for 8 months and during this time my rage has become more and more and I am a very calm person.
After this happened I finally told my husband that I was using and now I am in the process of getting off it.
I would recommed not drinking while on this expecially if you are using it not the way its suppose to be used.

Last Friday I took adderall and alcohol for the first time together and all I have to say is that yes u get drunk a lot faster. Usually I can drink 5 or 6 glasses of franzia and be drunk and with adderall I was ggggoooonnneee after 2 glasses.