I went out the other night drinking and came home drunk with extreme anxiety. Normally when I have anxiety I treat it with valerian root ( natures way 3 capsules of 530 mg) before bed but when sober. Can I take one to relieve anxiety after drinking?

Since I’ve seen Valerian extracts in alcohol when I was struggling with my sleep problems I was kind of surprised because you always hear and basically know that you shouldn’t mix sedatives with alcohol. But the pharmacist just convinced me that alcohol indeed does makes the sedative effects stronger, but that the dosage here is small that it’s not dangerous. But your situation is different – when you drink before you take what I think is too large dose of Valerian supplement (if I understood correctly, you take about 1.5 grams) the sedative effects like dizziness, but it even can cause the opposite effect – make your anxiety stronger. Not to mention that your liver needs to process both alcohol and Valerian.