I have been prescribed Aldara to take 3x/wk for 12wks. I have abnormal cell levels around the base of my vaginal in the cervical canal. I do not have warts, but it is my understanding that this cream is used many times for genital warts. I am however high risk HPV. Well, I have just taken my second treatment...I am swallon, have HUGH blisters, it hurts like mad to pee and I spent all day yesterday in bed with chills a fever and the runs. Just looking to see what others have experienced. Not sure I can take 12wks of this

I have HPV,I had an pap test that was abnormal.So my health care provider wants me to do Aldara to help with the Hpv.I have had two treatments so far ,and the last treatment was terrible.I felt that my throat was closing up.After I got pass that It felt like someone took all of my energy away.I started with flu like symptoms,fever , and over all pain for the next couple of days.I felt so bad that I had to cancel my next treatment.I really do not know what to do because i have heard really scary things about this drug.My Dr. said she has not heard of anyone having problems with their throat closing up.I feel like a guinea pig,I dont know what to do.