Hi, I am 23 years old, and I was diagnosed with condyloma acuminatum. My gynecologist prescribed me Aldara (imiquimod) cream, that I should apply on the area with warts. Did anyone use this cream? I would appretiate any information about it.

I am using Aldara (imiquimod 5%) three times a week. I apply it on the genital area with warts, until the cream becomes invisible. It’s just a thin layer that you need, don’t exaggerate with the dose. Aldara (imiquimod 5%) does not fight the virus itself, it just relieves the wart production. I have some mild side effects, but it’s nothing serious. I have irritating, itching sensation and my gynecologist told me that it will go away. I keep it on my skin usually for 8 hours, before I wash it with soap and water. Aldara (imiquimod 5%) is so effective because it stimulates immune system to recognize and fight the disease.

I too had condyloma and just had surgery 1 week ago after being jerked around by my family doctor for months. Aldara did nothing but cause me itching and burning for 4 months, with no visible reduction in the size of the warts.

I wish my Dr had just sent me straight to the specialist, she had to know mine were too big to be treated topically ...

Now, my ass feels like it's on fire and having a BM is like givving birth, incredilby painful1

Oh, the year + of my life I've lost because of a stupid ass Dr who insisted aldara was right for me. GET A SECOND OPINION OR A REFERRAL TO A SPECIALIST, especially is the warts are fairly large.

Good luck to you, I would not wish this on my worst enemy!