Ok so i was vaccinated against genital warts/cervical cancer when i was a virgin. For the past 2 weeks i have noticed skin tag like bumps on my labia and around my vagina which itch and burn to touch. I have only had sex with one person (my boyfriend) who has never experienced genital warts. I have been with this person for 4 months now and this is the first time i have experienced this problem.

I went to the doctor and he tested me for all STD's. It came back clear but i had thrush. The thrush interefered with my pap smear results so the doctor still doesnt know whether i have the HPV virus or not!!! I have to wait another 3 month until i can have another pap smear. He presscribed me aldara cream anyway to see if the "warts" go away. I have to wait 4-8 weeks to notice results!!!!!!!! Im so depressed could some give some advice on what they think is going on or what i should do? has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks for reading

First of all the vaccine only protects against 4 strains of HPV. There are over one hundred different kinds you can get. It certainly sounds like genital warts. Your boyfriend could have contacted it and never even knew he had it, as men often never show any signs of HPV. They are basically carriers of the virus. And it's a skin to skin transfer. so even if a condom was used correctly you can still get it.

However the doctor should have recognized right away if it was genital warts or not. the fact that he didn't makes me think that's not what it is. You don't need a pap smear to know if you have genital warts. Pap smears are only to test for cervical cancer.

I have HPV and my best advice is to take the cream and hope they go away. I had mine burned off the days I found out I had them and they haven't come back sense. The virus can lay dormant for years and you never see any sign of it. At that point you won't transfer the virus. But you never really know if it's gone or not. The actual virus is permanent and will always be with you, there is no cure.

I would certainly hope that you do not have HPV. I would advise going to a gynecologist or a nurse practitioner who has experience in STDs/STIs.

I went to another doctor today for a second opinion becasue i was in agony and it was itching so much, i think my skin had a bad reaction to the aldara cream.

The doc only took a quick look but he said that the lumps were due to the irritation of a bad case of thrush but im still convinced they are genital warts =( They don't look like any of the genital wart pictures on the internet but im not convinced thrush could cause this?

Has anyone ever experienced lumps and bumps around the labia and vagina with a bad case of thrush???? The bumps are not white, they are skin coloured looking tags. They are not hard, quite soft.

I think im going to see another doctor soon........... i just want to know for sure so i can treat myself properly. This is really getting me down =(

I had the exact same thing, I had a skin tag on my perineum, skin tag on my bum(with other bumps- looks like hemroids), and a bump on my butt cheek. My Dr said it was caused from the thrush I've had( on and off again) plus recurring yeast infections, I saw another Dr for my pap a few weeks later and she said it was just from irritation. I was still scared and worried so went to a walk in clinic and the Dr there said yes you have genital warts. Now I'm confused so I'm going to see a 4th Dr and explain thoroughly, I had asked for a biopsy to confirm hpv but the doctor refused???so I guess my advice is to hang in there and see another Physician who can give you a solid answer or provide you with relief.