I am male and I currently have HPV. I'm taking Aldara ( a.k.a. Imiquimod ) and I've read a lot about it...a lot, probably more then 99.9% percent of people, even those avid/savvy readers, so I'm hoping that someone can help me here.
I've found the following:

Imiquimod has no direct antiviral activity in cell culture. A study in 22 subjects with genital/perianal warts comparing Aldara Cream and vehicle shows that Aldara Cream induces mRNA encoding cytokines including interferon-α at the treatment site. In addition HPVL1 mRNA and HPV DNA are significantly decreased following treatment. However, the clinical relevance of these findings is unknown.

Now, with that said, is there a way to increase my intake of interferon-α ( interferon a ) in my body ? Would that be a wise choice? I've found activamune.com which states here:

activamune.com/professionals_diindolylmethane_dim.htm

That it will increase the levels of IFNG ( interferon gamma ). Will that, in turn, increase IFNA? Would there be any benefit to taking this?

It seems that for 50% of people w/ HPV ( rxlist.com/cgi/generic/imiquimod_cp-page3.htm ) are cured, while the are 50% are not. Based on my findings, I'm going to say that this is because either people are lacking IFNA, or they cannot produce it for some reason. I'm also coming to a conclusion that IFNA will create the anti-bodies for HPV, "naturally curing AND vaccinating" you.

I would also like to note that I'm taking Vitamin C while on Aldara, as I believe that will help support the immune system and perhaps increase my IFNA levels.

If someone could please answer these questions for me, and perhaps elaborate and share their mind on these subjects/concerns/questions I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you very much in advanced, I hope this leads to something positive. As if someone could give me sound anwers, perhaps this advice and these observation could be brought to a lab/research center where the reason Aldara is not working for 50% of the patiences is solved. If the reason Aldara is not working for 50% of the patiences if because of the IFNA levels, then taking something that boosts IFNA while taking Aldara may be the complete solution for 100% of the people.

Thanks again in advanced, I look forward to hearing from you.