A few months back, I had an operation on my knee. The doctors are afraid that I am at risk of blood clots, and now they are putting me on a preventative called fragmin. I don't like the thought of being at risk of bleeding when I have the slightest bump, fall or cut, but maybe I am overly worried and this is just a weird paranoia. I am hoping someone can shed some light on the side effects of fragmin for me, especially the bleeding.

Fragmin is a blood thinner medication that is regularly used to control conditions related to clotting, like thrombosis. Dosage of the Fragmin is probably adjusted to your blood test results and doctors do have in mind that danger of bleeding after injuries. Risk of that happening is even smaller if you keep in mind that, for example, you have to notify the dentist or the doctor before having local anesthesia or before taking any other medication to prevent possible effects that one drug may have on the other. Fragmin can also cause paleness or easier bruising, but all other signs like heavy breathing, irregular heartbeat or excessive bleeding need to be checked with the doctor.