I need some info about sagittal sinus thrombosis. My husband had severe headache 2 weeks ago and though he went to see a doc right away he was discharged with severe migraine diagnose and was prescribed some pain relievers and despite the meds the pain still persisted and six days after forced by unbearable headache he went to see a doc again and finally MRI and brain scan was performed but the diagnose was devastating at least it sounds like that-sagittal sinus thrombosis and though the doc was explaining this condition to me I was pretty much shocked with diagnose like this and would like to hear once again what sagittal sinus thrombosis is precisely and could it be cure. By the way my husband is prescribed coumadin for life and though I know it is some sort of heavy drug I would like to know if there are any coumadin side effects also?

I know that sagittal sinus thrombosis is not curable 100% and patients diagnosed with sagittal sinus thrombosis are in large number of cases prescribed coumadin for life despite its serious side effects such as rash but even in some cases bleeding and severe drug interactions. Anyway coumadin could help in breaking down the blood clotting within the major draining brain’s vein which is known as sagittal sinus and when it comes to serious clotting than you have this sagittal sinus thrombosis condition and all this in most severe cases especially if left untreated may lead to severe unbearable headaches that even my result in speech ability loss or may result in motor/sensory changes or even stroke.