I have a friend who is really into bodybuilding and he has really achieved a lot in last year. His muscles are huge! Over the last couple of months he has been talking about taking steroids, including kynoselen. What are the side effects of this? I want to convince him not to do this.

The long term use of drugs such as kynoselen can carry many negative side effects including hypertension, a negative influence on cholesterol levels, agression, and more. But perhaps the thing that will convince your friend not to use kynoselen is that once he starts taking it, his achievements will never be quite his own any more, and he won't have the satisfaction of knowing he got all his muscles through his own hard work.

Hi Mallory,
I'm not trying to criticize, as I admire your anti-steroids stance, but your response on what Mahmoud can tell his friend re: why not to take kynoselen clearly shows you do not know anything about the substance. Your answer was a standard, generic anti-steroids position. Kynoselen is much different than an anabolic steroid. The sad part is Mahmoud may have relied on your information. You gave information that is completely incorrect and your disregard for the truth makes you look foolish. It's great that you want to help, but if you blurt out totally stupid information, you're not helping--you're hurting. Then when people see you have no idea what you're talking about, you lose any credibility you may have had to begin with, which then makes it impossible to "help" anyone in the future. Don't know if you're going to reply to this, but if you do, please just own your mistake and let's move on. You'll look like a classy guy and then we can get back to the business of helping others who need information.