Hi, I had chronic pain and digestive disorders as post gallbladder removal side effects. Is it normal?

Hi, people who decide to have their gallbladders removed hope to become pain free, gas free, bloat-free. If you want to be able to eat whatever they like after the surgery, you may not be right. If you had your gallbladder removed, and still have pain, it means that the cause of your pain is not only in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is merely a sac for holding some of the bile that the liver produces, but also bowels and other structures can be the reason for disorder.

everybody listen care fully every one has removed his gallbladder they just maintain his eating time like whenever u take your meal make your daily eating timing fix whatever u feel comfort example after removal of gallbladder u take your break fast 8am and lunch 2pm and dinner 8pm so remind this take your daily... meal at same routine time just do this exercise for 2 month after that u can eat your food any time as u like.. u can eat any thing any type of food as like u eat before removal ur gallbladder... this is a solid tip of gallbladder removal... do it just maintain your food timing fix daily till two month u can eat normal food this 2 month time duration just avoid dairy items after 2 month u can eat every thing... enjoy dont take tens ok....
bye ;-)

Had mine removed and the day after my surgery i put on 5 - 7 lbs. Is this normal?

Anyone else had immediate weight gain after the surgery?

I think I might have the answer to this question. In laproscopic surger, they fill your abdomen with carbon dioxide gas. Those extra pounds could be from the gas still trapped in there. If its been longer than month and you are still gaining weight, check with your doctor.

I had mine removed yesterday and am in so much pain right now. I can barely move around.

Pain immediately following surgery is expected, take the pain meds they you. I had pain for 2 months following surgery, it finally went away.

arriba can you expound a little bit about that? What kind of painkillers did they give you? And how long did you have to take them before the pain went away? Does that mean that you did not take the medicine right away and only started taking them two months later?

I was on really strong pain control as had been having severe pain for 3 months prior to surgery. I was being evaluated by a cancer trmt center because of my symptoms. They take pain control VERY seriously. I came home on Fentanyl patches and oral Oxycodone. I had liver resection as well as gallbladder removed which increases pain level tremendously. Post op pain in expected and gradually gets better--usually each day. Also should decrease as you become more active. The pain I had after a month or so is definitely not what I consider post op pain but more of a chronic type problem.

I had very little actual post operative incisional pain due to the patch. I tapered it gradually over a month, within one week I started having stomach burning and pain beside my right shoulderblade. I did not take any oral pain meds--tapering the Fentanyl was so terrible that narcotics were the LAST thing in the world I wanted! Also, I knew I could not live on narcotics so started seeing doctors to find the cause of the pain.

If you are having pain within a week or so following surgery, that is expected. Pain that continues long after operative site has healed is something else entirely.

Thanks for clarifying the situation for me. I am sorry to hear that you were undergoing so much pain but it's good that the treatment center is helpful. If you don't mind me asking, which treatment center were you at?

I was referred to MDAnderson's "Suspicion of Cancer Clinic" due to my symptoms(unexplained wgt loss, increasing pain, liver masses noted on CT scan)for evaluation. I saw a liver specialist there who recommended the surgery. By this time I had had 2 gastroscopes, 3 CT scans, MRI, HIDA scan, a lot of lab. He said he could not guarantee the surgery would relieve the pain and was not sure what was causing it. The surgery was horrendous. They found my GB to be inflammed and adhered to the benign liver mass which was behind it. Everything else looked okay they said.

Since then, I have had gastric burning and am going back there for evaluation due to an increased Ca19-9 which is a tumor marker for stomach and pancreas. All other labs are normal.

It is an amazing hospital but I hope they find nothing that will indicate I need to continue there!

Oh of course! It's funny because the better the hospital, the less likely you are to spend time there. :) But I am hoping that you are going to do fine. Where exactly is the suspicion of cancer clinic? I'm just curious in case anyone I know happens to have cancer or suspicion of cancer so I can recommend it to them. Thanks!

It is in the main building, I started with an internist instead of an oncologist. They want all your test results, which of course they need to determine your need to be there but end up repeating most of them anyway. I did not care, everything is state of the art with finest diagnostic tools. The internist refers you to whichever oncology dept you need. It is worth the journey if the need is there. They have a website and allow self referral which I think is great but you would still need to send some kind of documentation or test results to be seen there.

What I meant by that is, what state or country is the cancer clinic in? :)

Sorry! Most people here know about it and I just assume everyone does! It is in Houston Texas in the Medical Center. Quite an impressive of town devoted to top notch health care. Many great hospitals and several great med schools--people come from all over the world for various treatments. I told my husband while I was in the process of being diagnosed "I want to move to Houston just to be near the Med Center"!

Well I can think of worse places to move to! I like Houston and it's good to know about it because I can't think of that many great cancer centers near me so I appreciate all the feedback you've given me. How are you doing now?