Hello, my friends. My colleague has a brain tumor. His doctor has recently told him that. I think that he will probably go for a brain radiation. I can guess that this kind of treatment has various side effects. I would like to know which ones are. Thanks for replying! Bye!

Hi, there. You are right when you say that radiation treatment has various side effects. Radiation affects not only tumor cells, but also cells that are multiplying fast like hair cells, cells of intestinal epithelium, hematopoietic cells, etc. It also affects the surrounding tissue of the tumor. Hair loss is one of the symptoms, although it can grow back. Skin irritation is another common side effect. Brain swelling can also occur and it manifests with a headache. You should contact doctor in that case. There can also appear hearing problems, nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, short term memory problems, etc. But, there are other treatment options your colleague should consider with the doctor like chemotherapy or surgery. I hope your colleague will feel better.

My mom had a brain tumor from lung cancer, it was very small and was easily removed. The Dr. suggested full brain radiation, which we did. Not long after her last treatment, she was unable to walk and had a very difficult time communicating. she is now in a nursing home. I would not op for full brain rationation if your friend has only one tumor. Good luck and God bless

Hi , My mom had a full brain radiation. Even after a month she is unable to walk , or talk and can't do anything by her own.

I just finished 5 radiation treatment sessions for a brain tumor. This curren tumor has reoccurred after brain surgery in 2008 to remove a large (sivler dollar size) tumor. The side effects I have and am experiencing are: severe headache; nausea; lack of energy;
general feeling of run down and sick. I am in the first week post radiation and it has taken more out of me than I thought it
would. I am not complaining rather accepoting as small price to pay for helpt to stunt growth of the tumor.

Bless your heart. I'm recovering from 15 radiation treatments to the brain, my tailbone feels like it is on fire if my medication isn't taken on time (over 30 pills a day). There has got to be a better way!Medical Equipment and Supplies - Free

Provider of various medical equipment and/or supplies (free).

Same with mine. After the two month mark she could not so anything on her own anymore. At first it was a rapid decline and now its bee 6months and the symptoms seem to just get worse. ddi you mom ever regain any mobility?