Hello. I'm 39 year old male and about a month ago I felt slight bowel discomfort. I have never had problems with diarrhea or anything similar but these last couple of weeks I'm afraid to move far from my toilet. Not only that, I also started to have a feeling that I need to have a bowel movement that is not relieved by doing so.
All this was accompanied with sharp lower abdominal cramps! I contacted my GP immediately and, using colonoscopy, he determined that I have developed a malignant cancer of colon. I was devastated when I hear the news, but he told me that the condition doesn’t have to be that horrible if we found out the cancer didn’t spread. So, he scheduled me for MRI testing in two days. What should I know about this MRI testing for metastasis of colon cancer!?

I'm very sorry to hear that you’ve developed this serious condition.
I will try to explain you some facts about these diagnostic methods of discovering cancer metastasis.
There are several methods of discovering these cancer metastasis and MRI is one of the best. Beside MRI, there are also an ultrasound, computed tomography and positron emission tomography.
What you need to know about MRI. MRI scans involve the use of radio waves and strong magnets instead of x-rays but the most important advantage of this method is that it doesn’t rely on radiation.
A computer translates the pattern of radio waves given off by the atoms in your body into a detailed, 3D image of parts of the body.
Metastases spread in three ways - by local extension, through the bloodstream or through the lymphatic system.
If your cancer didn’t spread then- the treatment of colon cancer typically rely on surgery. If it did- then you should, beside surgery, receive a strong chemotherapy!

Hi I read your post, and was wondering since you were diagnosed with cancer, what your symptoms were. I had diahrrea for one straight week and when that stopped I got constipated, and now it's so bad that no stools are passing through, not even a little bit, and I'm having to dig myself out with a glove everytime I have to move my bowels, because if I don't I'm in so much pain from having to go so bad. It's like something is preventing the stools from passing through. So could you please talk with me about this, and let me know if you were having the same problems. I don't have a doctors appointment until the 15th of Aug, do you think I should go in right away, and not wait?..Appreciate any help you can give me on this, I'm not getting any replies on my post, and don't understand why.