I am curious about mri brain scans and I want to know if mri brain scans are safe, or if there are any side effects? I understand that mri brain scans must be extremely useful for diagnostic purposes and that they might be life savers, but I still want to know if there are any side effects involved.

No, an MRI brain scan is completely safe, and while there is some radiation, it is less radiation than most people are exposed to in every day life, on a daily basis, in any case. When a patient undergoes an MRI scan, the scan is usually ordered just for the body part where the suspected condition is located.

I was dizzy and had to be helped to my feet afterwards. I also had a headache for an hour or so. That is all, physically. I found the experience hard to deal with emotionally. I was a real good scout while spending an hour in that machine, but found myself reliving the experience and swearing to myself, Never Again, unless I have some help from Big Pharma.

I had an MRI this morning, and I developed a sever headache about an hour afterwards that isnt going away.... :(  Idk if its related but Im not the type to get headaches often...

im having an mri tomorrow due to constant gripping headaches, this week i'm also suffering from veritgo the sensation of being on a boat, constantly swaying inside. so i'm concerned about laying there with the swaying feeling for an hour and the possibility of have a worse headache when its finished

DId you get any results from your MRI for your severe headaches? I am going on Tuesday for continous headaches over 6 weeks now. I went from a zero headache sufferer to an everyday, constant severe pain headaches, in the ER 5 times. Just curious if they found anything.