My husband suffers Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It seems to go around in a cycle. Sometimes the OCD is very present and obvious, and sometimes it appears to be gone for months. He is going through a phase where the OCD is really intrusive and my husband has finally go and see a psychologist again, praise the Lord. In preparation, I want to know more about the best drug for OCD. What can you tell me about this?

OCD is often treated with antidepressants, that is to say, most of the drugs used for OCD fall into that category. There are also anti-obsessional medications on the market that are extremely effective for OCD. All medications have their own risks and benefits, and it will be a decision made by your husband and his therapist. If one medication doesn't work, he will have to try another. With OCD, it is very much a matter of trial and error to see which medication works the best for an individual patient. I do wish you good luck and I hope that things will get better for the both of you very soon. You know that you can always come here to vent, or for answers to specific questions.