It is rare person who has never experienced problems with procrastination. I also know that then those persons usually feel pressured to get it done at the last minute. After this, I have heard there are a lot of people with problem of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, otherwise known as OCD. Obsessions are very upsetting thoughts, mental pictures, or impulses that just keep coming back uninvited to those people. Since those disorders seem to be very common I wish to hear more about those.

Procrastination is not necessarily a problem, especially if it only happens occasionally or with some minor things. For some though, procrastination could takes on a life of its own. It can bring on worry, depression, regret, and stress to that person. Most of all, procrastination has the power to reduce people's ability to function normally as it should. Like perfectionism, procrastination is sometimes the result of obsessive compulsive disorders, or OCD. Also it is responds well to the approaches effective in treating OCD. OCD has a tendency more then anything to trap people in a pattern of repetitive thoughts and behaviors that seem senseless and distressing. This can make it very difficult to function well in many areas of life. Problems occur at work, school, and in relationships. Unfortunately, these patterns can be hard to overcome and most people with symptoms of OCD feel tremendous shame about having them.

^ That would be me then. Seemingly entirely compulsive procrastination has been ruining my life. Can anyone suggest where to start looking for help?