What can you tell me about the basic elements of the obsessive compulsive personality? I need to know this because a friend of mine has been complaining a lot of his brother's behavior but as I recall, that guy always looked normal to me. What is this condition about? Can I help at all?

Well, the only psychological problem I had to deal with is serious depression my mother had, but I came across several patients with OCD. And the main symptoms would include preoccupation with details, sometimes even perfectionism. OCD patients are almost always excellent in organization too. As for their mental problem, they sometimes have to perform an action (sometimes for several times) and they do not have the control over it (closing and locking the doors for three times for example).

Hi there,
As much as I know obsessive compulsive personality disorder is a condition when someone is preoccupied with rules and control. Have you noticed that he likes to put things only the way that he feels are good or if he likes to order a lot around? How old is this guy? There are several reasons that you can notice in persons with obsessive compulsive personality disorder. For instance they are very devoted to their work but there is no place for flexibility or generosity. Did he showed any signs of anxiety when something is not as he planned it? I hope this helped you understand obsessive compulsive personality disorder more.
Best wishes,
Marco