Hi! I notice that often wash my hand, even when there is no need. Also I take long showers. When something is dirty that bothers me a lot. So, I avoid going on some public places. My obsession with cleanses started to affect on all my life. Could I have OCD? Please define me obsessions.

Hi! Obsessions are recurrent, intrusive, and unwanted thoughts, impulses, or images that cause significant anxiety. At first the obsession may be experienced as relatively benign. Over time, the person associates it with fear and disabling anxiety. Most common obsessions are fear of contamination with dirt, germs, or poisons. Compulsive washing and cleaning are subsequent to the obsessive fear of germs or contamination. Compulsive people have been known to shower for 4 hours, or to wash their hands until they are raw. You should see psychiatrist. You have some symptoms of OCD. Early treatment is very important. Treatment of OCD includes the following: behavior therapy, exposure and response prevention and antidepressant medication.