My niece suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder. My sister can't handle any more, and that is why I have become responsible for much of the support offered to my niece, unfortunately. It isn't easy for anyone. My niece is currently living we me, and I do think that she should receive the proper medical care for her condition. I have been trying to gather as much information as possible about obsessive compulsive disorder and the drugs available. What are your opinions? What is, in your view, the best drug for obsessive compulsive disorder?

Benzodiazepines are the usual treatment given to people with compulsive disorder, and it works well in treating obsessive thoughts, and though they do have some unpleasant side effects I do think that most people with compulsive disorder need the drugs. Because compulsive disorder is such a hard condition to get under control yourself, this is something that is often very essential.

Many individuals with a mental illness diagnosis of obsessive compulsive disorder, major depressive disorder and/or anxiety will have excellent results with the use of medications. Anafranil has been around the longest and is the best studied OCD medicine.