I am considering giving my daughter tamiflu, but my own mother warned me about the negative side effects of tamiflu for children. I did not know that such a thing existed and my pediatrician says it is fine. Where can I hear more about the side effects of tamiflu for children? I will wait with it until I have got all the facts together.

Hi, I don't know if it is OK to post links on here? I think is should be? I recently came across this very fascinating British article about tamiflu. Scientists found that the side effects of the drug for children outweigh its advantages by far, and they do not recommend tamiflu is given to children anymore in the UK. Long term negative consequences have been found to occur. Let me know if you want me to send you the link.

Oh yes please, do send me the link to the article you mention! You mentioned some negative consequences, but don't say which negative consequences? I would really like to find out more about this. So tamiflu is banned in the UK, is that what you are saying? Please, do give me more info.

Hi, I gave my son tami flu 3 years ago when he was 3, it certainly did the trick and he was better the next day, however very shortly after he began to put on weight, there was no change in his lifestyle and he is now continuing to put on weight dispite all our efforts in watching his diet and increasing exercise....he is currently under a paeditircian. have you ever heard of weight gain as being a side effect or has anyone else out there???? We are really at a loss and it is bothering him now, bless him!!!