I havnt got the flu shot this year..i didnt have any cold or flu all this year..bt last week i went out of town for a program ,there was one person who traveled with me started severe sore throat and flu symptoms..when i came back home the very next day i 've got the same symtoms..started with itchy sore throat and later the day with high fever close to 105 degree almost all time 104.6 degrees fever...next day i went to doctor ,the throat swab test ws showing negative. they werent able to take it correctly..i didnt let them swab my throat all th way..since i got really bad gag reflux ..she said tests were shown negative before several times but it's the flu..because i hve got all the symtoms of flu..and i got prescribed TAMIFLU..now here is the problem.i took tamilfu tablet, the moment i took it reduced my fever and came back normal..bt sore throat still persists..but while i was reading the side effects of tamilflu ..i see a lot of comments that says tamilflu can kill..it can cause dangerous problems like brain damage and blindness,Psychiatric problems like hallucinations terrors and suicide tendencies and all sorts of life threatening problems..then why would my doctor want to kill me? i feel nausea and dont feel like eating after taking that medicine.but i am glad my temp was down to normal.but i am really scared ..please help me guys..anybody got any experience with this medicine :'( please reply

How many MG of Tamiflu did this Dr. prescribe?

75 mg 2 doses a day... I am already taking it..it reduces my fever now.sore throat is still ther..my head feels so heavy and i feel sick :-( all the people(5 people) who travelled with me in my car got th exact same problems...everyone is suffering from sore throat ,fever ,chills and dizziness, :-(

I would definitely stop using the Tamiflu. 75mg is a lot of mg for this pill. I find using over the counter multi-symptom cold medicines work just as well if not better. Try some delsum it works wonders.

none of the cold medicines workd for me... i tried everything..my temperature was still 104 and up.. Tamiflu helped reduce my fever... but i am afraid stopping tablets earlier is dangerous should finish the entire course..I dont feel any bad reactions till now.

Most medicines will tell you if y ou experience bad reactions to stop taking immediately and talk to your doctor.
I would suggest finding a new doctor for a 2nd opinion.