I have a few friends who are into bodybuilding. Whenever I meet them together, they are always talking about their protein shakes and which protein shakes they are using at that time. Is it healthy to take protein shakes? It can't be, right? Do protein shakes have any side effects?

As long as someone uses protein shakes as a supplement to a healthy diet, and not as meal replacement, there are no side effects at all. The key is not to exceed the recommended amount, and to make sure that you get the right amounts of nutrients from all other food groups too. Not only will this keep you healthy, it will also give you the best conditions to build muscle.

Protein is great for a healthy diet and weight lifting to get those extra gains

Hello there,

I am sure that your friends, since they have been into body building for quite some time, know how to use protein shakers. Basically these supplements are great to build up muscles and that is the goal of every person who is into body building. It is great that you are concerned about your friends but I would suggest you to join them. If you are not into body building you can choose some other sports but it is important to be involved into any type of physical activity.

This is great for developing your body and to get you into the shape and not to mention that girls like to see nicely developed man. I hope that you will listen to my advice.