Last month I went on a cruise with my girlfriends and was going to get my period during that week. Instead of dealing with that, I skipped my week of placebo pills and went straight on to the next pack. Everything went smoothly and I didn't even have any light bleeding or spotting. Now I've reached the end of that pack and my period is late. Is this normal? Is my period thrown off because of skipping the placebo pills? Or is it possible I may be pregnant? I had unprotected sex twice during the past month. Is it possible my hormones were screwed up and I became pregnant? Please help.

You can do the pregnancy test and know for sure, but, depending on how long you have been on the pill (the longer you are the less chances you gotten pregnant), I would say that it is definitely far more probable that your period has skipped because of the change in the dose of birth control hormones. But, still, you should take the test and you do realize that unwanted pregnancy is not the only risk when you have unprotected sex - you might have picked up some infection also.