So, I have been on birth control pills for about 7 months, never missed a pill until last week. I had breakthrough bleeding occur, right before my off week so I just stopped taking my pills. I was supposed to start my "off week" on a Thursday, but I took my last one on that Monday night. Then, rather than take my pill on the following Friday, like I should have, I waited until Sunday. I know that's kind of confusing, but the point is, I miss around 11-12 days of birth control pills, 7 were "off," 5 I just didn't take. Since my boyfriend and I are exclusive and I'm on the pill, we don't use condoms. We had unprotected sex Tuesday until Saturday.

Now for my question: I know that if you miss B.C. pills at the end of the third week/ start of the first, it is possible to start ovulating. My question is, since I missed so many birth control pills, and had unprotected sex, what is the possibility that I am pregnant? Also, are taking birth control pills dangerous if I AM pregnant?

Thank you so much!

I am having the same problem

I have searched Everywhere, and I cannot find the answer. It's a bit worrying.

Even if you have breakthrough bleeding when it isnt your "period" week - you NEED to carry on taking the pills until that packet it used up! By stopping early you have left yourself unprotected! So not only did you start your next pill pack late...you also stopped your last one early meaning you could be pregnant! You are only covered (and "safe") having sex in that "period" week because you have taken the 21 pills in the packet - by stopping early - you are not covered.

Usually if you miss one pill you should be ok, but in the case of missing more than 1 - you should start taking your next pill packet immediately after the previous 1! Do not let yourself have a "period" (withdrawal bleed).

I think there is a strong possibility that you may be pregnant! Are you getting any symptoms? How long ago did you have sex - because you should be able to test and get an accurate result about a fortnight after (as your period timings will probably be messed up by the pills being taken later than usual, etc - therefore there's no point taking the test when your period is due).

The pill should not harm the baby - it is possible though! Find out if you're pregnant first then if so stop taking them!

Hope this helps - let me know what happens!x

Thank you for your helpful post. I couldn't take my pill last night, but I took one in the morning, and will take one later.

The first time we had sex was Tuesday (without coverage), and the last time was Saturday. It is too early to tell if I have any symptoms, as far as I know (Which isn't much. My knowledge of pregnancy symptoms is cravings and morning sickness). I will, however, take a test as soon as I will be able to get an accurate reading.

But, it is very likely that I could be pregnant?

im in the same condition i forgot 4 pills and had unprotected sex late friday night its now tuesday i strated bleeding sat can i be or get pregnant please let me know

I am kinda having the same issue. I've been on the pill for about 4 months now. & the last two months I've skipped a couple pills. An this month I've skipped pills. I skipped four at the most. Me & my bf have have unprotected sex & I've been spotting for a couple days. I've been more tired lately & a lot of different smells make me feel sick now. I just didn't know if it's because I've missed so many pills or if I could possibly be pregnant. But I can't really find answers I'm lookin for.

You're likely pregnant :/

I'm having the same problem. I missed four or five pills. Had unprotected sex, more than once. I'm having withdrawal bleeding. Certain smells upset my stomach. I get headaches. I'm always hungry for like the past week. Hurting gums. Fatigue I took a test a couple days ago it was negative. Im pretty sure I'm pregnant but I also think that I'm getting in my own head. Help? Am i pregnant?

Did you end up pregnant? I really mucked up my pills and had unprotected sex then went off the pill got withdrawal bleeding took a test which was negative then had unprotected again a week later using pull out method which was about three weeks ago and my period is due tomorrow. All of this had been within 6 weeks. Unsure if I am safe haha