Hi There,

I took Birth Control Pills (Tryciclen) for 5 years, and last month decided to stop(Aug 24), since my husband and I want to have a baby. I stopped taking them the day I was suppose to start taking the new pack(sunday), and have had unprotected sex ever since. However my period was due 2 days ago, so I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative.

Is this normal?

I also have to mention that I’ve been feeling a little dizzy lately, and very tired. And I’ve also been taking prenatal vitamins…

Any help or advise would help!!!!

That is very normal, in fact it is likely. I haven't ever replied to any of these sort of things (although I read them often) but my situation is so similar to yours. I stopped BC (YAZ) on Aug. 19th because my husband and I are ready for a baby. My period (or withdrawl bleeding) was on Aug 22 so I am also 2 days late, assumming that was my period. I have been having unprotected sex and take prenatal vitamins too. I am in my later 20's, healthy, and active. I have taken way more preg. tests than necessary, all negative. I have been tired, hungry, moody, etc. but I think we feel this way because our bodies are getting rid of the hormones from BC. I keep hoping that it is something else... wishful thinking I guess!

Back to the period, it takes some time for your body to get on a natural schedule again. The amt. of time varies individually. You should see your doctor if you don't have a period w/in three months. You should also take pregnancy tests regularly during that time. BC keeps your body from ovulating, so you have to start ovulating again before you get your period. Make any sense? I am a nursing student and these are the facts.

Well, I wish you luck and really wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel. I can't wait!

I hope we will see some comments from people that have been in our situation.

No period, negative pregnancy test is very common in women who have just come off the birth control pill. This is because it takes your body a good while to get used to being without the hormones contained in the pill and during that transitional phase, your hormones are out of whack. It will eventually settle down, and your periods will return to the way they were before you started the pill. 

Prenatal vitamins can cause nausea, by the way. Anyone who is taking them and who becomes nauseous shouldn't assume they are pregnant, since it can just be a side effect of the vitamins.

So I am in a similar situation too. I stopped bc on 10/16 and got my period 10/20. It lasted a day longer than normal but was similar to all other periods. Around 11/2-11/4 I had some very faint spotting. My period (being 28 days from 10/20) should have started on 11/17. It did not. I have taken two pregnancy tests since one on 11/20 and another 11/22 - both negative. I would say I've had some pregnancy symptoms but nothing real obvious but, then again, the last time I was pregnant I didn't realize I was either until missing period. I really wish I was pregnant but am beginning to think I'm late simply because my body is trying to get back to normal. I'm not sure what to do at this point except wait.

Hi Ladies. What happened to you? Did you end up being pregnant or getting your period a month later?

Im having the same problem.. except Im 18.. got off my BC maybe May of '12 and I havent had a cycle since before July.. I don't know whats going on with me.. I had an irregular cycle before. I've taken multiple pregnancy tests and they've all been negative.. help?

I am also in a similar situation I have been on orthocyclen since they day after my daughter was born a little over three years ago. I had no insurance for a few months so I was not able to get any more bc. My last bc pill was taken on November 30 had my normal period from 12/6-12/10. My last period was due 1/3 and i have not gotten it since (i had a little bit of pink the day i was supposed to have it when i wiped but that was it). I took a pregnancy test last tuesday 1/8, but it was negative. I am more scared for my  husband and I had sex when i was last on my period, but have been using the pull out method since we are not ready for another baby just yet. So i am hoping my cycle is trying to get its momentum back since I stopped taking bc, but I am wondering if I am pregnant for I feel like i am cramping but no period. I hate the waiitng game! Best of luck to everyone! 

I Was On The Depo Shot & Have Been Off It For At least 2-3 Months. I've Had Periods Since Then , & Shortly After My Period I've Had Unprotected Sex. Ive Missed My Period For The Month , Took A Pregnancy Test & It Was Negative. Is It Possible I'm Pregnant or What's Wrong?

Hi there! I'm 34 yrs old & been on BC since I was 15/16 yrs old. My husband & I are ready to have a baby. I stopped taking Kariva 12/3/16. When on BC I had a consistent 28 day cycle. It's day 33 since my last period & no period yet....have taken two PTs & both negative...I noticed a couple weeks ago I had cramping & my boobs hurt like crazy(which I never experienced before). I assumed I was ovulating but wasnt sure. I'm so used to regularity that's it's bothering me that I haven't gotten my period yet. I've read so my stories about it taking time for your body to become regular after being on BC but I hope it doesn't take us 6mo/years to become pregnant

Hi Sara,
I am 32 years old and just stopped taking Yaz at the beginning of January because my husband and I want to try for our first baby. I had a period that started January 5 and lasted about 5 days. I have been on bc for about 14 years. Before starting bc my periods were always very regular. On bc I had a regular 28 day cycle. I am currently on CD32 and still no AF. I have been cramping, tender breasts, kinda moody. I feel like my period wants to start but so far, nothing. Have you had any luck? Did yours finally show?

I was on a birth control now i stop because my bf an i want a child i have 4months i haven't see my period i take so many praghtnacytest it come out negative i dont know what todo

What was the outcome? What is your status now???

Did you end up having a period?