I had been on BC for about a year and a half. Went off from March to May. Went back on in June and off again in October. The last few months I was taking the pill I had been skipping the placebo pills and starting a new pack so I wouldn't get a period. I took my last white pill on September 30th. On October 4th I had a one day light period, then nothing. Is it possible for me to ovulate this month and potentially conceive? Anyone else have a similar experience?

ok i am slighly confussed on the whole question that you are asking .... if you are taking the active pills then you will not ovulate and the inactive pills are just a place holder to keep the pill active ... i am not sure on the type of pill you have and taking .. but if you are TTC then i would not be take the pi9ll at all if you are NOT TTC then i would take all my pills regularly and .. as if you keep stopping and starting during the year you are going to completely disrupt you body and it is not going to know where it is going north south or west ...

On Sept. 30th I stopped the last white pill, as in I'm no longer taking the pill at all so I can try to conceive. I had to stop in the middle because I had eye surgery, I understand it is not ideal to start and stop.

Sorry about the late response my P.c hasn't been letting me know that there are new replies besides mine

Ok If you ahve just come off your pill and you ar TCC i would wait a good few cycles maybe 2 -3 cycles to try and work out now you body doesnt have any tiny pills to tell it to have you period ... and just monitor it eg chart your cycle and then go from there if it is in a regular pattern eg 27-29 days Give and take a day

that bleed you experenced was a break through bleed cause your body is going through a big change it is trying to work out why you are not having extra hormones to tell you that when to have a period .. if you get what i am trying to say