Hi my boyfriend and I had sex with a condom on December 19 and I was due for my period on Christmas, but when Christmas came I didnt have it. Skipping periods is normal for me, because I always have irregular periods, but now its almost been a month and I am starting to get paranoid. I cant tell if me breaking out and being a bit bloated, and feeling nauses is from stess, maybe an upcoming period, or pregnacy. Plus I have been having a little bit of discharge which im use to having since I started my period. Can anyone tell me if I might be pregnant...im very scared.

Hi Anonymous,

It's unlikely you'd get pregnant having sex a week before your period is due.  The timing is poor.  Normally you'd ovulate between days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  The egg is only viable for about 48 hours.  You likely had sex around day 21 or so.

You can take a home pregnancy test.  Use your first morning urine (wake up pee) for the best accuracy - it DOES matter.  Use a name brand test too.

Good luck.