My periods are always regular. The first day of my last period was Feb. 5. I had unprotected sex with guy #1 on the 11th & 13th. I had unprotected sex with guy #2 on the 18th & 19th of Feb. I missed my period  in March & I am now about 9 weeks along. I have looked into the ovulation periods & think it's most likely guy #2's baby. But sometimes I feel like it might be guy number #1's. The reason I am very concerned about this is because I had been with guy #2 for a year mostly always having unprotected sex. I have been with guy #1 for about 5 years mostly always unprotected as well. He had testicular cancer & had one testicle taken out. I thought this was the reason why we never had a child as I've never been on birth control. Now  guy #2 has passed away & I am scared as to telling his family that I am pregnant (as I didn't WILLINGLY have sex with guy #1) & I know they were both  close in the week. I know sperm can live inside a woman for a few days but   sometimes I think that I couldn't have gotten pregnant with guy #1 since my egg hadn't dropped? I don't want to tell the family & get their hopes up or get my own hopes up. Any input?

Hi Scared,

Yes, sperm can live about 5 days.  It doesn't matter if the egg "dropped."  The egg is only viable about 48 hours after it is released.  The sperm would have been there and ready when the egg appeared.

The 11th and 13th would be about day 6 and 8 of your cycle.  Normally you'd ovulate between days 11-16.  Guy #1 could be the father if you ovulate early, up to about day 13.

The 18th and 19th would be about day 13 and 14 of your cycle. 

It all depends EXACTLY when you ovulate.

A DNA test will be needed to determine exactly who is the father.  Just because you didn't get pregnant with guy #1 for 5 years doesn't mean that he isn't the father.

I would guess that it would be guy #2 but can't be sure. 

My last lmp was jan 30 and ended feb5. I didnt have a period in febuary my ultrasound says iam 7weeks today. I had sex with one man on tje 26 of febuary and sex with another on march 2. My doc told me I concived on march 12 but how is that possible id only be 6weeks then. Iam sooo confused and scared!

Hi Momma8,

The timing with the ultrasound is approximate. No doctor or anyone can tell you exactly when you conceived. Everyone develops, fetuses too, at different rates.

How long is your cycle? Assuming a 28 day (average) you wouldn't have gotten pregnant by either. After about day 18 of your cycle, Feb 17, the egg wouldn't be viable. Did you have sex prior to this?

Your next period should have been around Feb 27th. You'd be on your period until about March 4 and it would be unlikely, not impossible, that you'd conceive.

Something is wrong with the timing.

Hi scared, 
You can't always go by ovulation calendars. It is a myth you can only get pregnant on certain days. You're not supposed to get pregnant on your period they say. Well I did. The dates are too close so I'm afraid a DNA test will be necessary.