Occassionally ever since I can remember my head does a spasm where it feels like my skull plates move/crack?

It is really painful and my vision can be blurred for a couple of seconds?  Everyone I ask if this happens to them looks at me strangely and it happened the other day on the left side of my head which now is slightly aching down the side of my neck?  Maybe I am just being paranoid but when if happens it really hurts and surprises me as it comes from nowhere?  I am now 34 and wonder if I need to go see someone and where I should start?

This has happened to me before, ive been looking everywhere for an answer. for a long time ive thought that it had to do with my brother throwing a marble snookerball at the back of my head when i was younger; but my joints do crack alot.

there will be occassions where i will turn my head to quickly, or am simply going about everyday life, where i get a sharp pain, my senses are blurred and on one occassion, nearly actually fell over. it literally feels like someone had kicked me in the brain. i have no idea what it is, but everyone ive asked is pretty certain you shouldnt be able to crack your skull.

perhaps unrelated, my shoulder has a sort of, cracking movement. whilst it's not always painful. it literally happens evertime i lift my arm, my shoulderblade crunches. i asked a doctor about it and he told me it was natural for young people my age (19) but i was confused, since it cracks so regulary. other joints such as my fingers ache to the point where i feel i NEED to crack them, otherwise they continue aching.

i havent seen many people who are asking about the cracking skull either, and if it's serious i guess it's wise to know? im pretty certain it isnt my neck, but my skull. i may be wrong but the stunning feeling does worry me.

been getting the same think lately sounds just like when I get that in my knee Guess ill need to ask dr

I have the exact problem, seem like the older I get the worst it is. I hope its nothing serious.

I have been able to crack my skull sutures for several years. It started off as just for fun to hear the popping noise. It eventually became a habit like cracking finger knuckles. It feels "stuck" if not cracked. Now I get migraines from it. So don't make a habit of it like I did if you can do it.