I recently noticed a dent on the top of my head. It is about an inch back from my hairline, about an inch long and half an inch wide. Now there seems to be another one much smaller just to the left of it. There were never dents in my skull before. Do you have any idea what this could be?

I developed one as well, first on the left side, starting about an inch from my hair line and now extending more forward and a bit to the rear - and I am noticing another on the right side. My head itches where the first dent on the right is, but there's no pain.

What is it? I cant find anything other that people who have the same thing.

I've noticed the same thing. The dent on the left is a little deeper then the dent on my right. There's no pain....but sometimes they're deeper than other times.

Have you found anything out yet?

I've had them for years and now have about 10 (qrt size). I’ve found that sugar, fruit, caffeine, chocolate, and stress are triggers for me. They’ve also started in both eye brows -not good! Sorry that this is happening to you but nice to know I’m not alone. Is it still happening to you? Anyone found a cure? I’ve seen some of the best doctors…no luck, finally gave up.

i think i may have the same problem stress is a killer

I have just recently noticed a dent in my skull near my hair line running from the front back about10-15cm slightly off to the right hand side. I had never linked it to my poor eyesight or dizziness till reading a few forums such as this one and it seems to be quite a common thing.

Ive been quite worried about it since finding it about a week ago.

I am with all of you. I'm 56, Female. I am a diabetic, have high cholesterol, and over weight. Wow, laying it all out there for you all. I've read, stress, lack of vitamin D. and an auto immune disease called, " Alopecia Areata", or abnormal T-cells (immune cells). NO clue about that, just typed in what I read. I guess I'll call the doctor next week to get in to see him.

Can the rest of you give me a clue as to your age and health issues. Maybe there is a connection.

Thanks, prayers with you all.

Thanks, prayers with you all.

I have a strange dent in my head as well, and it's itchy there, too. I'm quite curious to see if it'll go away by tomorrow (I just noticed it today) and what caused it.

Me too...just noticed it a week ago....does not hurt...but weirded out

I have the same indentations on the top of my head that I just noticed a couple of years ago. I asked my doctor and he does not know but suggested having a CT scan. I always wear reading glasses on top of my head. Today, I discovered that they sit exactly were the indentations are. Can it be as simple as this. Plus, I have smashed my glasses into the top of my head getting in and out of a car. I think I just answered the question I was looking for.

I actually just noticed a dent on my right side at temple and never noticed this before my eyebrow actually stands out and my husband was shocked to see it there its just appeared what could it be i feel no different except maybe a little light headed i`m also curious to know.

I have had a sore skull and then felt a dint form and now have a tubular like formation forming in different area's across

my skull. My Dr has no idea and Xrays don't show what it can be, has anyone had a 3D scan or had similar to what I have

described.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I thought something was wrong with my head or maybe it was getting worse so I researched it and this is exactly how my head would look if i shaved.   Its freeky and  yes, sometimes my head itches.

I am under tremendous stress at the moment and recently noticed a similar dent to my right temple! Very interesting comments though.