i'm 19 and this has been happening for a few years now. I will constantly have to move my neck or my wrist over and over. Like, for my wrist i have to move it and it will make a cracking noise but i keep having to do it. And for my neck i have to keep doing it even though it will sometimes make me feel like i'm going to gag from doing it so much. I don't know it's just really hard not to do like it feels stiff or something. Before I go to sleep at night i have to keep saying to myself i'm not going to do this so i can actually fall asleep because from doing that so much it makes my wrists sore. I don't know if it could be from nerves or what?
My mom would get mad at me and always ask me why i did that. But, she just doesnt understand when i try to explain it.

If anyone understands or knows what this could be please help.

I think it very much sounds like typical tourettes sydrome, you should ask your doc!

My 16 year old son does the same thing, except his also involves his spine, knees, and shoulders. We have had extensive testing on him with no conclusion. His doctor labels it as "arthralgia," and he is instructed to take motrin for the discomfort. This is very frustrating and hard to accept that we haven't been able to help him. He has been to Duke University to a Rheumatologist and Neurologist - no success. When he walks across the room, he says that he sounds "like a creaky, old house." We are anxious for answers, so any help out there would be appreciated. People ask him why he constant moves his neck and shakes his wrists. Also, whenever we go out shopping, it isn't long before he is complaining that his back and neck hurt. He shows true pain on his face. Please help!

My 6 years old boy constantly moves his neck. He was identified with streptococcus B and received his antibiotics ( this involuntary movement was call "corheia" or choreia...I'm not sure and might be a consequence of rheumatic fever.
Even though he was examined for different doctors and took the medication. the movement came back after stopping for about a month.
He looks really weird and can't stop.
I don't know how to get more advise or what else to do to help him,
any ideas?
thank

i have the same exact thing with my wrist and it gets to the point where it really hurts and is sore but i cant stop cracking it in my right wrist and i have it in my right eye also where i have to blink it down so it looks like im winking and ive beginning to start thinking its tourettes too

I have the exact same thing in my wrist and my eye. My wrist gets so bad not that i have no strenth in it. Everyone always asks me whats wrong with me cause i look like i have teretts sometimes. I also have the same thing in my thumb where it gets real stiff and i have to crack and crack it. Doctors look at me like Im an id**t when I ask about it.. ANyone???

got it in the right wrist pretty bad, i can control it if i really try. and i dont always do it. also have it in the right ankle a lot and sometimes my left shoulder. i hate it. worried im gonna get carpal tunnel in the wrist from doing it so much

Same issue, I'm 18 and have had it for a few years now, discomfort in my shoulders, and wrist with the urge to move them, have in the past had it in my eyes where I've needed to close them down hard, like a heavy blink. Ankles are torture laying in bed trying to a sleep with the constant urge and need to move/rotate my ankles just grinding the joint. Needing to stretch my back alot of the time and the urge to tense muscles and move my neck to the side.. It's frustrating not being able to get comfortable, just something I figure there would be no real fix for. But it would still be nice to know what it was causing such discomfort.

I have the same problem..it don't hurt me, but after moving my neck all day at the end of the day it hurts bad.! I've found out that any type of Valium XANAX or any benzo is the only way to sto

thats happening with me also and when my mum looks she screams at me

I do this all the time! It's like a constant feeling that I need to flex and roll my joints. I am 13 and its been happening for like 2 years, progressively getting worse. It's in my shoulder blades my neck, throat, and wrists. It gets annoying when I try to sleep. I sometimes hold out my hand and try to keep it perfectly still for as long as possible, and I find it uncomfortable. I have no idea what it is and I never told anyone because I was never sure how to explain it. So here I am.

thats what happens to me

same but im 14 and my left shoulderblade keeps poping out and flexing and i cant hep it, my wrist and fingers always have to bend , my spine wants to bend somtimes, my neck flexes and my head does to etc

And I bet everyone that read these post is moving/stretching all the spots everyone was saying in the comments on here!

Oh my gosh! This is exactly what I have too. Started when I was little like maybe middle school with my knees, then ankles, toes, eyes, shoulder, neck, and the past few years have been my wrists and now my right elbow. I don't think it's Tourette's becaUse its controllable somewhat and I just feel the constant urge to move my joints. It does cause pain after you do it all day and I fear it's causing long-term damage. I want answers and help though!!' With this many of us there has to be something to it. Anyone find a doc that can help? I haven't really tried for fear of being brushed off but want to see a neurologist just to see.