Hi, is there a type of arthritis affecting skull? My grandmother is affected by arthritis and now pain is spreading to the skull. Is it perhaps a symptom of some other disease?

There is a sort of arthritis called cervical arthritis other name is cervical spondylosis, which affects the upper spine. When the cartilage in joints begins to wear away because of an accident or because of the natural aging process it is the main sigh of osteoarthritis. In cervical arthritis, the vertebrae in the neck are degenerated and the cartilage is lost in time. When the space in the vertebra is narrowed, the nerves leading from the spinal cord in the neck become inflamed, producing pain in the neck. Cervical arthritis occurs between the ages of 30 and 50 and may grow worse with aging process.

Hi I just had results back after lots of test an been told by hospital I got arthritis in skull bone like u all I didn't know can get arthritis in the skull but I know now just wish they find something that actually worked with pain

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Any skull pain is annoying at best. I didn't know a person could get arthritis of the skull until I was diagnosed a few years ago with psoriatic arthritis in addition to osteoarthritis. In my case, the psoriatic arthritis is in my skull, neck, entire spine, hands, wrists, and feet. The head/skull and neck pain can be pretty unrelenting, especially since I also have psoriatic arthritis that has affected my cheeks and underlying facial nerves. I hope your grandmother has or finds a good rheumatologist because they are in short supply for people with autoimmune-type arthritis.

Hi my name is Denise I also have been diagnosed with arthritis of my neck and skull. I never new the skull could be affected with arthritis.

It was suggested to.me a few yrs ago after nocking the side of my head many times. Due to a 2ins. Shortening In my hip.on a bad attack even my nose bones are painful. Also my brow bones.

Hi sorry to hear you have so much pain. I have also got pain in my neck and skull. Did they scan your head to find out ? As I’m desperate to find an answer ....