In 2003 I had my spine fused from T3-L3 and I also had rods installed on both sides of my spine. In 2009 I had the hardware removed due to severe, dibilitating pain that the DR's said was unrelated to my hardware. After the surgery my pain was gone! :)

Well now it's 2014 and my spine is still fused from T3-L3 however a couple months ago I started noticing some popping/cracking in my lower back. Its one specific vertebrae that pops (much like a chiropracter would pop a back). It doesn't hurt--in fact it feels soooo good that I have to pop it every day/other day.

The weird thing is that I never had this popping before my rods or after my rods were removed. It's a relatively new pop and I'm not sure which exact vertebrae it is but I've felt where the popping came from and it was from under my scar so it's in the fused area.

Could this be cracked fusion?? Due to my scoliosis I've always had and always will have chronic back pain but I've not experienced new pains that might be related to this. I wasn't sure if a cracked fusion should cause pain or what to look for exactly. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or have any ideas what it could be?

I have an appt with my orthopedic DR in a few weeks and will update then as well.

I am sorry to hear about your back issue, though it sounds like you are not having any pain with the popping.  I would say that if it isn't causing you any pain, it should be nothing to be concerned with.  We all have joints and vertebrae that start popping as we get older.  I've have had neck issues for over 3 years with it popping, especially at night. I have mentioned it to three different chiropractors and a doctor but no one seems to be concerned about it.  It is good that you are going to see your orthopedic dr and make sure it is nothing to be worried about. 

So it's normal for fused spine to pop and crack where the fusion is? I was told I couldn't see a chiropractor for my back because they can't be popping and cracking my fusion? I guess I'm just a little confused :) If it's normal that's great!!