i recently found that my labia minora was quite itchy, i noticed tiny tiny little dots about the size of a grain of sand!, just scattered but the same colour as everything else and am not sure whether its simply texture or something to be worried about. I am 18 yrs of age and was recently sexually active. I usually get a bit irratated after sex anyways, am i worrying for nothing!/

Have these bumps been always present or have they just appeared? Are you using condoms during your sexual activities? If these bumps are the same texture as other parts of your vulva, if they don’t change in size and are not something new, then I reckon they are just a normal variant of your genitals.

We all have different vulvas, they can differ in appearance, color, size, etc….just if it looks strange, doesn’t mean it’s not normal.

What kind of problems are you experiencing after sex?

S for the itchiness, it could be just from excessive washing, washing detergents, deodorants, or tight or non-cotton underwear. It could be also overgrowth of Candida, a fungus that normally lives on our skin and that can makes vulvar skin itchy. If you start experiencing redness or more itchiness or even vaginal discharge, you can go and get a treatment at the gynecologist. It is no big deal and it is easily treated.

If you still think that those little bumps are not normal, the only way to be 100% sure is to have them checked at the gyno office.

the bumps are probably just the glands that are down there... every woman has them... mine are slightly white.... I had a question of my own... is it normal for the labia minora to be wrinkly and stretchy? they've been thyat way since I was raped when I was four and I'm kinda worried about it.