Hi. I am a 16 year old girl. A couple of years ago, I noticed that my labia minora (both sides) are quite large. They are a pink color, but purplish around the edges. I looked online and found out that this is normal in some people, and nothing to worry about.

However, I also have a LOT of bumps on my labia minora. The bumps are small (a couple of millimeters across) and a whitish-yellow color. They look like they are IN the skin, not on the top. They are not like pimples. They are also not itchy, painful, or annoying in any way.

I am worried because I have no idea what they are and if they are harmful or not. Please help me.

Hi. I am 23 years old female, I also have the exact same condition but my labia minora are very thin and extremely sensitive, the bumps (like you described) are just a little painful when i tried to press/squeeze them but i guess its normal since its a sensitive part. I have reserched and discovered that labia texture, color and size differ from woman to woman but so far no one but you have mentioned this particular condition. However I will be going to the doctor's to get it checked just in case. Better safe than sorry. You do the same and maybe let me know the outcome. Good luck to you and if anyone knows an answer to this please let us know.

Thanks

Hi, i am 20 year old female. I have the same worry as you concerning the yellow spots which appears to be IN the skin. well i have never noticed that before only a fews days while bathing i was stretching one side of my labia and notice these spots. It doesn't appeared to be harmful as it doesn't pain or itching at all. but if someone could tell us what those yellow spots are all about. Is it normal to have them? but i noticed that they only appear while stretching the labia otherwise they doesn't appear at all.

Should i pay a visit to the doctor or it's just obvious all that?

%-)

i also have this problem, I'm 21 and just became sexually active. I'm in a nursing course and we did a unit on STIs and i don't have the symptoms of any of those yet i'm really worried that I might have an STD. I'm also a hypocondriac and somtimes imagine diseases....
if any of you did go check out this problem i would really like a response because i'm away at college and would prefer not to fly home just to have my obgyn tell me it's normal. thanks!

My labia are purplish and the spots are not noticable until you stretch out the labia... They are nothing like pimples and they just clump together...yellow but when sqeezed they do not pop and no puss comes out...they are all different shapes..roughly the same size, small like the size of a normal pimple...i went to a doctor and they do not know what it is. She gave me antibiotics but this has not helped. :-( I should go back, but i was wondering if anybody has found out what it might be....

AH. I have the same problem. I'm so self conscious about it. I've been trying to figure out what it is for so long.

I have the exact same problem! Today, out of curiousity, I stretched out my labia just to make sure everything was okay, and I saw the same yellowish-whtie bumps. I started crying because I've only been with one man, and to get an STD would be horrific. But I started researching further, and apparently alot of women have the same thing. The labia has a bumpy texture in some women. The weird thing for me is that thats the only bumpy part is the labia, everywhere else is smooth and pink, and healthy. I'm so happy I found your post, it will help me sleep through the night until I see my gyno in a few weeks!

I have this same problem. I have just noticed mine too, I can only see them when I pull the skin and make it tight, I was scared they were genital warts & they didn't itch or bother me until I read up on them and now I think I am imagining that they do. I am so freaked out, help?

ok we got the picture we all have it so how about someone tell us WHAT IS IT?!?!?!
like we got the picture we understand the problem. Now we NEED answers.

I too have this same issue, but lately I have found that they are sore or itchy after sex and it usually takes a day to go back to normal. We have tried lube and it doesn't seem to help. I have been to the std clinic and they are not an std but no one seems to know what they are. Do any doctors or knowledgeable people read these posts or answer them, or is it only fellow sufferers?

I everyone, I feel so relieved that I found this forum and that I am not alone. I have the exact same problem. If I stretch my labia minor and the area around my vaginal opening I see a whole bunch of whitish bumps. I am not sure if it is just the normal texture of the area because if I don't stretch it you cant see it at all. I am going to the doctor in three days, so as soon as I come back I will post what I find out. I am also a pre-med student, and have personally had a case of HPV before and none of this is like what I have experienced or read about. I am really thinking that this is just how are vaginas all are and we have just never really paid enough attention to notice it. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Hi Everybody,
Good news. I went to the doctor today and she said that these white bumps are the normal folds of your vagina. If they do not itch, hurt, bleed or anything else beside just be there, then you are probably fine. They are NOT HPV or an STD, however, if you are concerned with your bumps or if they are getting larger or are painful, then you should probably go get them checked out. I hope this helps everyone.

im so happy to hear that. I have had them for a while and i got really scared i asked my friend if she had them when i described them to her and she said no i started crying because i didnt know what to do im too scared to tell my mom.

I've had the same issue. When I hit puberty, I noticed small yellow/white bumps on my labia minora and was absolutely horriffied. I'd never had sex so I couldn't understand how I could have an STD or STI. Anyway, after a little bit of research, I discovered that these spots are completely normal. They are completely harmless and not contagious at all. Fordyces spots are found on both men and women.

they're fordyce spots, google it.