Okay, deep breath.
i've had tiny, tiny tiny, (trying to emphasize how small they are ...) bumps, lots of them, on my inner labia for a very long time.. to compare them in size to anything is hard ... you know when you eat really salty or sour food and your taste buds get sort of inflamed and bigger and they feel rough? that's exactly how these bumps feel. I noticed them when i was 18; (i'm 22 now) but i can't remember if it was right before or right after I lost my virginity .. I've only been sexually active with one person; but it was a REALLY, REALLY abusive and unhealthy relationship and he wasn't anywhere near faithful; so the chances he could have given me hpv aren't really non-existant (although in all of my paps, no one's ever mentioned it).

the bumps are not painful; they don't itch; and they don't really grow (although i've gotten about 5 new ones around the opening to my vagina in the past few months).. they cover the inside of my inner labia completely, but not the outer side... they seem to get a tiny bit larger when i'm wet or on my period...

i have had std screenings & paps -- (also, for herpes when my best friend found out she had it & i had suspected she slept with my ex) -- always negative, never any abnormal cells or any of my doctors ask about them because they're so small and under the skin of my labia -- you can't even see them unless you pull the skin out really tight; but when you do they appear white; like irregular grains of sand).. some are slightly bigger thn the others, but none of them are very big at all... they don't resemble warts - or lesions.

i haven't been in a relationship in two years - partly because of how volatile the last one was, partly because of these bumps ... they've just been worrying me a lot lately as i get older - i'd like to have kids sometime in the future and don't really see how that can happen if i have an std or hpv or something ...

does anyone have any idea???

you posted this in march, it's august now, but i randomly found this post/question. i have the same thing, i dont know what it is. i've always tested negative. maybe it's just the texture of our body? could be, nobody has ever asked me about it when i have received oral with the lights on, or have had hands around me. it's been this way forever though. and you're right, it's NOT noticeable at all, it doesnt hurt, doesnt itch, doesnt look frightening or anything, it's normal. i dont know. i'm going to the drs this week, i will ask out of curiousity, if this post is still up ill let you know.

i WAS diagnosed with one tiny rough feeling, whitish genital wart 7 years ago.

now I have three tiny bumps, for years, on one side of my vaginal opening, on the smooth skin. so tiny, soft, smooth, and slighty raised...they are virtually undetectable if i stretch the skin, but when the skin is relaxed...there they are....i have showed like 10 gyn docs who cant tell me what they are. they say they COULD be hpv,and so ive applied tca, and every home treatment until my crotch almost burned off. but when i mention biopsy, i have been told repeatedly,, by each doc, they really dont see a need for a biopsy...it would be more traumatic than the treatments ive been applying for years and they really dont think the bumps are anything???? so ive spent 7yrs, assuming i have an incurable std that doesnt respond to any treatment. ive have never dated during these years. so thats what i experienced with doctors!!

Did you ever find out?

In case u haven't figured it out yet I'm guessing its fordyce spots ( probably spelled wrong) but its just a hormone thing lots of people have them you can use a special lotion to clear it up just look up treatment

hi, thanks for the suggestion! but no, not fordyce spots...fordyce spots are on the labia and there are hundreds of them, everyone has them. these are three bumps on the smooth skin of the vestibule of my vulva. its the smooth skin next to your hymen. nothing should be there, but smooth skin. i am going to ask about them again....when i go for my pap

im sure the doctors could have figured out fordyce spots....but 10 docs have not been able to tell me a thing...except none of them think its hpv....how reassuring! lol

I've had a similar problem for years. Mine started out the same as yours, just two tiny tiny spots on the inner part of my labia. I didn't think much of them for years and no one ever mentioned them. I was tested a few times and even when a nurse at the clinic took a microscope out she could barely see/diagnose them. These eventually went away, but another one immediately came up on the other side. Since then, every few days a new one appears, then disappears, then a new one appears a few days later in another place.. i generally have about 7 at a time now. But before i know it they've gone again. I only have about two 'permanent' ones.

They're barely visible, i've seen more sexual health experts than i care to think about and none of them have given me an answer. ONE said it was a sebaceous cyst and showed me a picture, but this just doesnt seem right. They're so small and all pictures of sebaceous cysts show larger pus-filled spots. The last few i've seen have said they dont know, that it's not an sti and its not harmless, so ignore it. My local clinic had me speak to their counciller last time i went as i'd been so many times about it. They said they'd need to stop testing me and there's nothing wrong. My partner as never noticed them but they do bother me and I know they're there and can feel them. I keep thinking HPV, and if thats what it is then so be it, i'd just rather have treatment. But absolutely every doctor has said it's not this, as they have with you.

I guess we'll never know!

i cant believe there is someone else out there experiencing the same thing!! lol. well, i have not had a partner since i got the 'wart' years ago. at least that was identified. but it never came back and that was that. these things are totally different...in a different place...and i havent been with anyone since ive have them, terrified, if they are warts, i'll give them to someone...and they will hate and/or kill me, lol. even worse than death, is trying to explain you have bumps in your crotch AND try to convince anyone on earth that 10 docs cant figure it out. anyone sane will think youre crazy and run (I would, lol)

they are NOT fordyce spots. fordyce spots are on the inside of the labia majora. the MAJORA, meaning inside the lips that hang outside your vagina. these spots are deep inside right next to the opening of my vagina. this is called the VESTIBULE of the VULVA. the skin on the vestibule is SMOOTH MUCOSA. get it. SMOOTH MUCOSA. no spots. no bumps. just pink thin skin. these bumps are only three. they are only on one side. they do no come and go. they do not grow. they do not go away if i burn them, slice them, bomb them, etc. fordyce spots would not be three, they would NOT be on one side, and they are not located on the vestibule. I have assumed they are warts that are indestructible and since they are so tiny...and in such a tender area....to biospy them would leave a gaping hole (doctors love punch biopsies that leave a giant gaping wound...and thats the only way the docs are willing to biopsy them) Im not going thru that. If they would just scrape the surface of them or take a tiny pinch, Id do it. Anyway, theyre weird, and Ive had them for 6 years now...and Im celibate....and have decided Im not having sex again unless Im married to the guy, nobody is worth risking ur health/life for without a committment, imo...obviously, thats working well for me...I havent been asked out yet, lol.

Bartholen cyst maybe..hope this helps

I'm 24 and have had them since I was 12. They are tiny and not noticible, and are the same color as my area. I was so scared then because I wasn't sexually activeso me and my mom went to the doctors and they said its yeast. Not an actual "yeast infection," but since we all have yeast in our bodies, it just shows or doesn't show with certain people. Last year I had a "yeast infection," (horrible) and these little bumps became inflamed and itchy. Once the infection was gone, they went back to normal sizes. Basically, they will always be there, and yeast tends to find a home in warm, moist places. It feels like toungue bumps which is another place yeast will try and grow (thrush mouht.) I'm not a doctor, but it has made perfect since to me ever since my doc, told us this. If you have a weak immune system (me) you might have this too. So mention the whole yeast situation to your doctors, and it might help them too. Again its yeast, not a yeast infection, and hopefully not any std's. Hope this helps:)

Okay, I'm 18 and I have the same exact problem as ya'll. I am someone who likes to research things like this and get down to the bottom of it, especially when it's a problem I have myself. But I honestly don't think these are problems. Like I think most of you, these little bumps are barely noticeable, painless, and pretty much benign because I've had them for as long as I can remember. But I was curious so I looked into it and discovered fordyce spots. Fordyce spots are due to oil build up. They generally occur on the inner labia where there is an absence of hair follicles. Just like you get pimples on your face, back, some people even legs, arms, EVERYWHERE..... It stands to reason that you can get them in your vagina too! The only difference is that you don't have pores down there. No hair follicles or escape route so it builds up. Also just like regular ol' acne, they get worse on my period. Considering the period is a very hormonal time for most women and also a time of great oil build up, the whole fordyce idea actually makes sense. If you test negative for HIV, and std's then there's nothing to worry about. If you don't have it, you don't have it. Just accept your body as it is. Pimples are gross, but they're also an incredibly common occurrence. My advice would be to look at some home remedies for fordyce spots and try them out to see if you get results. My spots aren't just on my inner labia either. Mine are everywhere but only visible when the smooth skin is stretched tight. But I don't have anything. So I'm not worried. I know I'm not a professional... But it doesn't take a professional to connect dots and draw conclusions.

I agree with me tooo, i believe it can be yeast what she described.

No one seemed to mention Vestibular Papillae. Which occur near the opening of your vagina in a somewhat linear fashion. They tend to look like finger like projections, different than fordyce spots. Google vestibular Papillae. Hope that helps :]]