I have a cluster of finger like bumps growing on my inner labia, first on the right now on the left. I recently had my period and what i thought was a yeast infection. (i only took over the counter meds) I recently had sexual contact with a condom (before i noticed this) and i was allergic to the condom and it caused me burning and itching (my infection started the next day). After reading and looking at pictures it doesnt seem to be HPV or herpes ( i was tested 6 months ago and all negative, however i have had 2 new partners in the last 3 months. They did sting while i had my infection, but now they don't hurt or sting at all.... but they are growing and multiplying. They are very small but long and tube-like. PLease someone help me figure out what they are. ( i have not the means to see a gyno atm ).

Hello. I just read your post, and I have something similar. It itches like crazy. Did you find out what it was?

Both of you need to see a gyno. What you describe sounds like polyps and an infection. The polyps are USUALLY of no concern, but may also be cancerous and should be checked out to be sure. Over the counter drugs don't always work for yeast infections - and many other kinds of infections look like yeast.

Most likely one of them will be removed to be tested, unless you want them all removed. Its a very simple procedure to do and will be done in the doctor's office.

Some times you have to go to the doctor - this is one of those times.

i have something similar as well... and i thought it was the same as you... i thought it was hpv or herpes or something... but i was researching on the internet and if you google for something called vulvar papillae or papillomatosis... look at th e pictures and see if it resembles what you're talking about... it should be two rows of these tiny bumps lining the vulva... there has been research as to if it is connected with hpv and there is no conclusive evidence (so that probably means no)... also what happened to me was i had a yeast infection and they got inflamed... but i treated the infection and its ok now... look very closely though... they shouldn't necessarily be multiplying....

also a test to see if they are gential warts is to buy vinegar (if you look online they call this an acetic acid solution, because that's all vinegar is... acetic acid) and swab some of it in the area (beware it may burn a some) but when you look if you see any white demarcations on the skin, then it may be genital warts... if it stays the same color as the rest of the skin of the vagina it probably is papillomatosis

in addition... herpes lesions are very painful... even without the vinegar ( i don't even want to think of the pain with the vinegar) in addition the lesions only last for a short period of time and go away... although there may be recurrences they don't continuously multiply

yea it was a long response (i did my research, trust me i was scared too)but i hope it provides you some solace
ciao!

That sound like what I have. Have you found out what they are? Mine first appeared on my right labia minora...and now there are some on the left one.

I had also experienced this problem a month ago and even my doctor was unable to find out what it was than she prescribed me antibiotic ointment named(Biotine ointment) Tetracycline Hydrochloride. Now after applying that my problem has gone but i have noticed that there is still some tiny skin elevation (smalll zits) on my both labia minora. But now i am not having any itchiness or prickling sensations as it was earlier. I am still confused what it was.

aprilbabe, the pictures of those bumps... thats what I have. Does everyone have those? I've had them as long I can remember.. even as a kid, way before I had any sexual contact.
it says that's what hpv looks like, so.. does that mean I have hpv?

I think you might have some sebaceous cysts, i had them too. I freaked out completely. i thoght for years i had genital warts. I went to the doctor and had several std tests done all negative. Turns out i had sebaceious cysts on my vagina. Completely harmless, they come naturally.lol. you can get them removed but it is painful.i hope i helped

ughh i have the same thing..anyone find out what it is? PLEASE POST BACK :-(

After being diagnosed by a planned parenthood doctor for genital warts a few months ago, I came online to do more research and found this post. Since then I've looked at thousands of images of genital warts compared to vestibular papillomatosis (vulvar papillae, etc, same thing diff names) and I am 99% convinced I was misdiagnosed. I have never had sex with anyone with visible warts and always used condoms. I know condoms aren't perfect but I had a lot of doubts about my diagnosis, especially since the doctor gave me a very cursory exam.
The bumps don't itch at all, haven't grown in size, and are limited to right outside my vaginal opening inside the labia minora on either side. Some are a bit longer like stalks, but most are tiny, soft bumps, feels and looks almost like taste buds.
Research is ongoing but seems to indicate that papillomatosis isn't clearly linked to HPV

This (from the New England Journal of Medicine) has some helpful info about how to differentiate between genital warts and papillomatosis, as well as a picture of a woman with the condition. http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/358/14/1495

Here is another photo/study about the condition-

cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/179/8/799

Obviously you should go to the doctor if you can afford it since self-diagnosis is tricky, but try to go to a specialist rather than a doctor at a clinic or planned parenthood as they probably aren't as experienced in these rarer conditions.

Papillomatosis is frequently mistaken for genital warts, but is a normal variation in the vaginal/vulvar anatomy. If genital warts look like a cauliflower, these look like stalks of asparagus--more fingerlike than raised bumps.

You may want to research what is listed above ^

ON MY RIGHT INNER LABIA, IT STARTED OUT AS A SMALL GRAYISH FUNGUS-LIKE BALL, THEN IT KEPT GETTING BIGGER. ANOTHER ONE HAS GROWN UNDERNEATH IT. THEY ARE VERY SOFT AND PAINLESS. IM STARTING TO LOOK DIFFERENT DOWN THERE AND IM AFRAID BECAUSEI DONT KNOW WHAT IT MIGHT BE.

yea its vulvar papilla . I Have The Same thing as these pictures. it itches ridiculously. Im So Stressed about this

i think anyone who has this problem should go to the doctor...i had the same thing and they went away before i saw the doctor and she said that i was negative. but they came back and they hurt and saw red!!! i went while they were on my labia and she looked at it and said that it looked like herpes...OMG a week later she was right.. I am telling yall this because its better to know than not to. It has not hit me yet but im sure it will. and i got it from my husband!!! He had it and didnt know. 1 out of every 6 people have it and dont know or never have an outbreak.

That's so crappy. I guess you guys live in the U.S and have to pay to see a doctor? I think it's worth it to see one. I came here looking for an answer for the same problem, and have been encouraged to go see an MD.