A few days ago I noticed a hard bump on my labia minora about the size of an almond. It isn't visible or discolored but is obvious to the touch and a bit painful to the touch. The next day I noticed another bump just above it the size of a pea. Last night (about 4 days after the first bump was noticed) I found 2 more pea size bumps. All on the same side. None of them are visble or discolored but are noticable to the touch and painful to the touch. The whole side is a bit swolen now. I was tested for STDs just before I met my husband of 4 years and I don't believe the bumps are consistent with STD symptoms. If it were just the one, I would consider it a clogged pore or something, but because the 3 other bumps have shown up in such a short period, I am concerned. Anyone have any insight for me?

I am somewhat relieved that I am not the only one with this issue, and to the person who said it sounds like herpes, I disagree. I had my first bump on the crease in between my labia minora and majora near the clitoris, when I was 9. I am now 31, and have maybe had 20 in that timespan. I've been tested regularly for STD's and I've gone for years where there are none. I'm starting to think it's because of stress, or soap reactions, or lately I think it's because my lady-parts need attention! This seems to happen most when I don't have any sexual activity. I find putting a natural treatment, like tea tree oil on it helps speed the healing, and gives peace of mind that it is kept clean and hopefully not spreading any of the pus to create more sores. Don't pinch at them. Just like your face, the sores may spread. Keep as good care of it as you can, and that's all you can really do. If the doc doesn't find abnormality with it, just keep it clean. Sounds silly, but it works to "send it loving thoughts".

Boils are anywhere from the size of a pea to a walnut. They are staph. I had the same exact thing you are describing happen to me in December of 2006. I was put on antibiotic for staph infections for 7 days. I can't remember the name of it though.

BACTRIM