Hi. I am 42 years old. I had a stroke. I am recovering now, but I would like to hear more about social security disability. Does stroke counts in disabilities? How old do I have to be to get a social security disability benefits? Who qualifies? How much money will I get?

Hi. Stroke, asthma, back pain, cancer, CFS, blindness, etc, these are all examples of disabilities. There is no certain age for receiving social security disability benefits. To receive benefits, you must have a severe physical or mental problem, and you have a physical problem. You will get the same monthly benefit that you would receive had you retired at full retirement age. Thu sum depends on your previous work record. It is important to say that your monthly benefit cannot be increased if your disabilities get worse. You will get your benefits as long as you are unable to work.