I had a stroke three months ago. Now I’m all right. I’m recovering well but I noticed something really strange for me. I started to lose my hair. I don’t know is it happening because of the stroke or something else cause it. Did anybody experience hair loss after stroke?

Well, hair loss is not so unusual after stroke. It is happening because you take some medication witch makes that side effect. My mother had a same problem and her doctor realized that she had to change certain medication. So, go to your doctor and consult with him. I think that is the best solution.

I tend to disagree some with your answer. I have had a stroke a Tia at age 25. I am now 32. And this past year has been the only year I have went without wearing a wig to even be seen anywhere I am, even in the house. I still cannot wear my hair down it is too thin, and not all grown back in yet. i have to wear my hair the same way everytime I do anything, in a ponytail. I haven't taken anything for my stroke since it happened. I just eat a lot better and make sure to exercise more. I am doing a lot better than before but it has taken a LONG time. I suffer from chronic headaches all the time and none of my doctors think any of this is related but they all happened back to back. After the stroke, the headaches as soon as the stroke stopped and I was able to function more, not all the way, and then right after that the next day after showering my hair came out in a bunch of clumps. Crazy how doctors are supposed to help but it seems I can get more of a better diagnosis from the internet. And it's from facts on stuff from well known good sites, and not just from blogs. Blogs tell me how people feel one way or another or how their doctor was. But it also links everyone's health and how they were affected by it and how many people this relates to also.

I also suffer from hair loss post cva. The odd thing , it is mainly on the side of my body affected by the stroke. I would say it is double the other side.
Could this be due to loss of tone and / or strength in the scalp on the affected side ?
DLL

I am 100 % CERTAIN hair loss on the side of stroke is what we are all experiencing . Doctors are unaware of MANY physical realities people suffer from injuries to their health. I had a cvst on right side, doctors did a CT, that missed it, and for 10 years I suffered thru recovery on my own.. the doctors treated me for sudden one sided hemiplegic migraine s.. because they missed the true diagnosis... I was sent to physical therapy for a same side drop shoulder because they missed thediag.. I lost my gag reflex on the right side., Also I do not produce tonsil stones on the right side. . they didn't connect it to the missed diagnosis.. now my hair has gotten significantly thin on the side that I had the Venous accident....

How about changing the verbiage to simply 'consult with your doctor' instead of 'consult with HIM'?

Amabel is WRONG. I had a cost on my right side...and my right scalp lost sensation and now has significant hair thinning. Unless Amabel it's going to say medication causes hair loss on one side of your head, I feel it's a safe bet to say anybody blaming hair loss on medication other than chemotherapy, is wrong, regarding stroke. when the nerves of the scalp get damaged the hair follicles get damaged .. the hair doesn't grow or doesn't grow well