i had discectomycervical fusion on c5-c6 c6-c7 with instrumentation on nov of 2004, got very little support or advice from doctor went back to work in feb of 2005. ive done roofing for 18 years since i was 14. after about 2 months got to hurting real bad between my shoulders . well i went back to the doc and he order an mri with contrast and found three more herniated disc in lumbar area which had nothing to do with my neck or shoulders so i took it upon myself to get xray of my neck seems i have ddd (disc degenerative disease) in levels 3 an 4. i have applied for disability once in 2004 (denied)right before my cervical surgery and didnt appeal. have reapplied recently because doc wants to operate on lumbar .should i keep fighting for disability???????

Yes. Social Security seems to deny almost everyone 2,3,4 times. Hire an attorney.
I had ACDF in Sept. 2005, went back to work for 7 mos, being in constant agony I finally had to go on medical leave. I filed for disability and am on my 3rd appeal. I hired an attorney.
I'm 47 yrs old have worked 31+ yrs. tried every therapy, treatment available and I still can not work more than 2 to 3 hours a day!
Believe me I'd rather be working but since I physically can't I have to fight for disability.
One thing that really shocked me is when I asked to personally view my medical records. You would not believe what the doctors have put in my chart compared to my discomfort and complaints. Looking in to yours might be helpful to you or if you hire an attorney they will do it for you.
Good luck.

I had a acdf c4-c7 in july 29 2015.. have never hurt more in my life. I had another surgery in Nov 015 they scraped the facet bone for arthritis. I started going to pain mgt, jan2016. Lost my job of 23 yrs in Nov 2015 I was able to get a small retirement for becoming disabled while on medical leave and being terminated. So I applied for disability in Nov. denied on Mar '16, got a lawyer and was denied in june '16 and now I finally got a court date aug '17. I haven't worked since, been on pain mgt since. I developed fibromyalgia they say too. All I know is I hurt all the time if I don't take my 16 pills a day not counting otc ones. Thanks for any info.

I had a acdf c4-c7 in july 29 2015.. have never hurt more in my life. I had another surgery in Nov 015 they scraped the facet bone for arthritis. I started going to pain mgt, jan2016. Lost my job of 23 yrs in Nov 2015 I was able to get a small retirement for becoming disabled while on medical leave and being terminated. So I applied for disability in Nov. denied on Mar '16, got a lawyer and was denied in june '16 and now I finally got a court date aug '17. I haven't worked since, been on pain mgt since. I developed fibromyalgia they say too. All I know is I hurt all the time if I don't take my 16 pills a day not counting otc ones. Thanks for any info. what do you think my chances are? I am so worried I am so far in debt and feel worthless.