Out of curiosity, I was wondering if adderal will help with percocet withdrawls? I am 50 years old and have a very bad back ( I was injured at work, working with developmental disable people in a workshop about 5 years ago). I have finally applied for social security disability ( rather ashamed to do this but I can't stay in one position for any amount of time) anyway, I was sent to a "mental" dr. and I was telling her things that I am experiencing now and had as a child. Her conclusion is I have ADD which all makes sense now, it rather blew me away at first when she said this. Anyway, when I go see my dr. tomorrow morning I am going to ask him to put me on adderall (mental dr. recommendation). I was reading though adderal is also a pain killer. So, I do not want to be on all kinds of addicting medication and I have been on percocet 10/650 for 5 years at 4 of these a day. Some days more and some less, so at the end of the month I barely squeeze by but usually make it because I HATE WD'S!!! So if anyone knows, I would like to know if I go on adderall will I beable to go off percocets because the adderall will help with WD's? Thank you very much! By the way, does anyone know if you can get social security disability for ADD? Thank you again!

if im not mistaken.. addies is only somewhat of a pain killer to people who shouldnt be taking them. its really only designed to help with ADD and if someone takes them who doesnt need them then it just makes them realy REALLY mellow. not so sure about it helping with pain though. but also remember.. you dont want to mess around with addicting medications. and in my opinion unless you have such a case of ADD that you cant go about your daily tasks without it affecting your life then you might need it. but if you felt fine before your doctor told you this then dont second guess your body. especially with addicting meds. dont know if this will help but i hope it gives you somewhat of a light until someone with better information comes along. ha. but either way.. good luck and i hope things work out. just pay attention to things and if you feel you are constantly thinking "i cannot live with these distractions all the time" then consult your doctor. but also keep in mind that 'psych doctors' arent always right with meds. i used to go to therapy. and according to my doctors i should be on 3600mg's of mood stabilizers, anti depressants, and other meds DAILY. but i dont take any.. havent in 2 years. being on all those meds actually just made me doped out and unfunctional to the world. being on so many drugs at the age of 17 really makes one feel completely insane as well. so instead of getting better i was just going more crazy.. and when i explained this in therapy what did the doctors do... "well we just need to up your meds then!!" but i cant stress enough about how normal my life is since i actually stopped taking everything. listen to your body before you listen to your doctor. it knows you better than they do.

PS - 1 in 4 people are diagnosed with ADD.

Thank you very much for your reply. I do not want to be on all different types of medications, so if my family dr. agrees with the "psych" dr. then I want to go off the percocets and try the adderall for a short time and see if it helps with all the other problems I deal with. I have a very hard time with anxiety, I can't think straight and hardly ever get a project done. I drive my husband crazy with the later. You sould as someone that has their head screwed on just right. Thank you so much for your help!!