please help. had titanium hip replacement operation 4 months and still experiancing a lot of pain in the top of the thigh or just all over. plse help

Here's a prayer for you. Father, God in the name of Jesus Christ I come to You for this man and ask that You would cause the pain he's experiencing from this surgery to leave his body. I ask that You grant him a good outcome to this surgery and that the end result will be good. I send peace and patience and healing virtue out to him, Amen

Had hip replaced 1/2010 and you feel some pain for at least a year. Did your doc not tell you this? Have titanium also.

I broke my hip after falling and also have a titanium total hip replacement...it was done Mar.2011. I still limp, and I did all of the exercises and phys. therapy I could do. The top of my thigh at the groin area still hurts and my leg gets very weak if I am up walking around much on it! I have started running a slight fever at nights now and wondering if it is caused from the hip replacement?

I had both hips done at the same tim, August 2009. What best helps me is Aqua theropy in water, a pool.

i am 43. had a total hip replacment 4 years ago this feb. titanium. im sure my age had something to do with my recovery, but my doctor, is one of the best in the midwest (michigan) actually, does a lot of " fixes" on patients who have replacments, and have re occuring problems. too this day, i workout regurlary, run, and can do everything physically, i was able to do with my original hip ( when it was healthy).

I would like to have your Doctor's contact information. I am considering a hip replacement.

Could you please let me know the doctor who did the surgery. I may need a hip replacement soon and live in Michigan

I agree, I had left titanium replacement in 2010. It saved my life in many ways. I cannot run, but can walk at a slow to moderate pace. Swimming is not a problem at all and I highly recommend it 2 to 3 times per week. I lift all kind of weights now, but never too heavy. Do NOT Run, this may cause it to loosen, just do not do it please. You must exercise. It may take 2 years to feel right again. Use any disability payment program in the meantime and do long term physical therapy and exercise. Rich Henkle US Army Retired.

Very good hip replacement doctor...Stuart Fromm in Rapid City, South Dakota, he did mine at age 44. Rich Henkle US Army Retired.

True, you will have some pain for a year, but if it is extremely painful and you have pain in other locations on the leg in question, I would highly suggest that you go see your surgeon immediately for an x ray. In three months I was walking well after shattering my hip in a fall. I was able to drive and go about my everyday life. Sure I had some pain but not much. I went to Physical Therapy and was doing great. Then in the blink of an eye it all stopped. Walking one day and by that night I was in severe pain and could not put any weight on my foot. I was bewildered. Nothing strange had happened. Nothing I could speculate about might have caused it. Dumbfounded! Went to see surgeon. Long story short he was as shocked as I when he saw the xRAY. The titanium bar at the top was visibly bent! Looking back at pictures from a month ago, you could see that it was fine. No Bend. He said he had never seen anything like it before. He checked with the others in his practice and they didn't know what to make of it either. He is sending me to the University Hospital to a top surgeon. He has a lot of faith in this dr. and feels sure he will get to the bottom of it. I got a quick appointment and will be seeing him in two days to see about my options.

I have had both my hips replaced and it took almost 2 years before all the pain was gone with the first one after that I had to have the other one done and it was the same, it gets better just stay active, walking helps a lot during the healing.