I took a lot of Adderall for a couple years and was completely fine. I stopped for about 6 months and started to take it again and about 4 months in my tongue would randomly get swollen, tender, you could see swollen taste buds, the tip of my tongue would get rock hard sometimes as well. Sometimes it would be for a day or two. Other times i would be fighting it for like a week. I told my doctor and he took me off the extended release and gave me immediate release. But then it started again. I didn't tell my doctor but the next time I saw him he did tell me that around the time it started happening to me they had just changed the formula. At one point my feet swelled for like a month. Honestly I haven't found a cure for it but it does feel better once those taste buds are removed. I have tried salt water, Listerine and scrubbing your tongue can be excruciating and I tear up and bleed sometimes but feel amazing after. Use toothpaste with peroxide and baking soda. Also if you put peroxide in your mouth 4 or 5 times in a row and hold it(painful for me) you'll notice only those swollen taste buds and raw parts turn white and then I brush and scrub again cause the taste buds are like numb and it soothes it after. I even tried taking heavy antibiotics that knock out everything and bacteria and it wasn't doing the trick. Someone let me know when you find a total miracle remedy

@ Antibiotics kills ur good bacteria too and makes it worse. Go to vitamin shop and but lysine capsules and open 5-6 capsule and pour into 3oz warm water and use like mouth wash but swallow after. U can google lysine or lysine defficensis to learn more. It should help, do it 3-4 times a day..

I took it for the first time a few days ago and the same thing started happening to my tongue.. I was googling and googling and found nothing. And this might sound bad but literally.. I smoked some pot and it went away right after.

Adderall causes painful tastebuds. Put some “Kanka” mouth analgesic from Walmart on them and go to sleep.  Sleep is the only remedy. Don’t scrub them, scrape them or bite them off or it will get worse.