I got prescription for adderal. I don’t exactly have problems with add, but I’ve heard that adderal is excellent help in studying. I used it several times. I‘ve noticed some strange reactions which were maybe its adverse effects. My mouth got swollen and I was embarrassed to show myself at school. I know that lots of students use adderal, but can it be more dangerous than this effect happened to me?

I tried with adderal, but it made me nervous, I couldn’t sleep and everything irritated me. I think that it just doesn’t worth it. It’s a drug, has its indication, and that what students do is dangerous. It’s amphetamine and causes addiction. Swollen mouth is possible allergic reaction on amphetamine. I would suggest you to avoid that kind of help.

:-( I have finals coming up next week, so I took some adderall to help me study. It helped a lot and I was able to concentrate, but I think I may be allergic to it. My lip is sligtly swollen and my tounge is dry. I remember being really concentrated and I'm pretty sure I was unconciously bitting my lip. I remember my mouth being dry, but I didn't want to lose concentration even to get a glass of water. I took it a day and a 1/2 ago and I still have a slightly swollen lip. I am wondering if there is anything over the counter that I can take other than putting ice on it, which I already did?

18/F. I took three Adderall 20 mg XL tablets over the course of 24 hours yesterday in order to write a paper (started 7:00 AM 5/12 and took my last one the same night around 1:00 AM) and it wasn't until a couple of hours ago that my mouth started really bothering me. The sores started small and spread throughout my entire mouth. My tongue is hugely swollen, the taste buds bright red and inflamed. I feel like I'm salivating excessively but that's probably cause I'm thinking about it and it hurts helly bad to swallow. At one point earlier in the day my tongue actually started bleeding with no provocation. My throat is swollen, my lymph nodes are swollen, my tonsils are swollen. My eyes itch and whole body itch and I keep having hot flashes.

This is the first time I've used adderall to help me study and definitely my last so no addiction worries but I'll probably fail out of college. Eh. Whatevs. I was freaking out earlier and it was awesome to come home and find that other people are allergic to weird stuff (Adderall joins mango, kiwi, and pineapple on the list)

you aren't allergic to the medicine. adderall is SPEED, which is a drug. everyone who takes adderall has these same EXACT things happen to them. i've taken it for about 5 years on and off and i can honestly say i'm starting to hate the drug. the fact that it can cause extreme amounts of bacteria in your mouth which will rot your teeth 10x faster than sugar is pretty much what turned me completely off. i love adderall, but i hate it more now i think.

WHAT?! okay okay. It causes MORE bacteria? I've wondered why I brush my teeth for 5 minutes and my breath stays fresh for like 2 hours
THATS GROSS. Uhm there's something EXACTLY like adderall its called.. Vyvanse, its the newest drug for add, adhd people. It doesn't make you emotional, or change you mood, or anything... bad thing about adderall is your body can get used to it, so then it will stop working as well as it did when you first started out.... try vyvanse!

Taken Adderall since I was 13. No side effects until 4 years later. Started with random swelling of lip - unable to determine what the cause was (couldn't connect with food/drinking/mold growth, nothing), lived with swelling using alavert when needed to reduce swelling (and never leaving the house for the entire day!). After conditions became more frequent - visited doctor - doctor said couldn't be the medication (only take adderall, no other prescriptions) - Turns out after i discontinued taking it daily, swelling stopped happening. Now whenever I take even 7.5mg of the stuff, I swell up the day after (Usually lips, sometimes penis, palms of hands, eyeball, and tongue)

Sad part was, when i described my symptoms to my family doctor she said there is no way this could be connected to the medication. Funny because when i described my symptoms to my old roommate who is studying for neurology in med school spouted out the latin name for my condition. If you have similar conditions - STOP TAKING THE MEDICATION!! You could end up with major 'burns' to the body and end up in a burn ward (My friend compared it to your 'skin melting' - needless to say i never take the medication anymore)

HI,
Not drinking enough water while taking Adderral can cause those symptoms. Also, adderall does put strain on your body and when your already tired you will become anxious. Anxiety is the most common factor for people complaining about having a swollen throat while taking adderall. So, adding both dehydration and anxeity=swollen throat, feeling cold, dizzy. Some people forget to breathe beause they become worried their having a heart attack or stroke etc.... If you comtine to take adderall and your doctor tested your kidney functioning and your heart then remain hydrated while taking this prescription and remember that your mind can make you feel anything. Your mind can trick you into feeling pain when its not there. RELAX and BREATHE. just the routine of drinknign and swallowing the water should help you relax your muscles and breath again.
I have made myself believe before that my throat was closing but i too would was not drinking and my "problems" amplified. I even tricked myself into thinking i was diabetic

What she described is actually a fairly text book description of a moderate allergic reaction. If everyone who takes Adderall had side effects this severe, I find it difficult to believe they would sell much of it. You should NOT experience side effects such as these while taking ANY medications. If you do experience any of the described symptoms, you should discontinue use and consult a physician. If the symptoms progress and you have difficulty breathing, dial 911 immediately!

I'm surprised to see this still unsolved. The mouth sores are not allergic reactions. Adderall is basically speed. Your jaw muscles are involuntarily grinding your teeth against your tongue/the soft tissue of your gums all day and night. This irritates the tissue and creates the sores. So while your brain is in a euphoric hyper focus, your mouth is freaking out on speed and trying to eat itself. If lowering your dose until it stops doesn't work, maybe it's time to look into a non-stimulant treatment. 

First of all, Adderall is not basically speed.... IT IS SPEED. We don't say that Cocaine is basically Caffeine, do we? I'm sure there are many people who chew on their tongues and that also gives them sores...and i'm sure they also move their jaws around constantly, especially after reading a comment accusing their jaws of causing the inside of their mouth & tongue by someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about but has no evident medical training. If you told this to people everyday...the drug would likely begin to fade here... (I'm willing to bet if we check camera evidence, that nobody was paying any unusual amount of attention to their jaws until their jaws were accused as being the culprit behind your tongue issue)!!! one common effect of Adderall is in fact, the excessive movement of the jaw due to anxiety & stress. -- sores obtained this way are usually consistent with bite marks and/or multiple bites? ahhh! just kidding....

the reason this side-effect is considerably so hard to identify with any other Adderall side-effects is because it is actually several side-effects happening together: being unable to detect how fast or slow i'm moving, becoming so lost in deep and intellectual thought --that any distraction can only be made with foreign objects.

what these two things cause you to do is usually sit in a singular space, alone and in creation mode.

:)

being unable to detect how fast or slow i'm moving, and becoming stuck in deep and intellectual thoughts have really caused me to start looking things up that didn't matter....the more i clicked, the more things i thought about searching & clicking....i know how this is -- let's do it.

being unable to detect how fast or how slow i'm moving, and I'm finally becoming relaxed in deep and intellectual thoughts that we're not paying for

First of all, there are many types of adderall... There is instant release, which lasts 4-6 hours; and there is extended release, which lasts about 8-12 hours. The instant release adderall come in tablet form. The extended release adderall come in capsule form. There are pros and cons to both of these types. I suggest you do your own research upon that, yourself... Secondly, NOBODY should be taking adderall UNLESS THEY ARE PRESCRIBED TO IT! Drugs are serious things, and NOT to be passed around like local coffee. NO! Third of all, what is your height & weight? What dosage of adderall are you taking? Don't be an id**t and take 30mg the first time you try adderall, because you will be haunted forever. Especially if you are under 130 lbs... Fourth of all, DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN ONE ADDERALL A DAY! Taking more than one adderall pill a day will actually REVERSE the effects, and harm you in more ways than you had stupidly NOT thought & used your head. This is common sense people. Follow the directions of taking the pill, don't do it illegally, don't take it if you are not prescribed by a medical doctor, obey the directions on the prescription label as these are called HEALTH PRECAUTIONS! NOBODY should be experiencing the c**p complained about above, if adderall is being taken the RIGHT away, as it was CHEMICALLY & SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR & FORMULATED FOR! Follow the rules & the medical guidelines. Use the sh*t properly, and you WON'T HAVE ANY OTHER ISSUES! This is just exactly like baking a cake when it calls for 2 eggs, and you put 6 eggs in instead... Your cake will not turn out right!!!! Hello! This is common sense people! CLEARLY you all have more sense than the NONSENSE griped about above... Good luck & do your research. Stay at lowest dose as possible. You will want to & NEED TO have control over your body at ALL TIMES! Thank you.

Addy is an amphetamine like meth. Ever notice how after too much use they lose their teeth? I'm pretty sure it's due to lack of circulation or erratic blood flow to certain bodily areas, that's why your feet and hands get cold too. The circulation issues coupled with grinding restless teeth can cause sores to develop in your mouth. Mine on my tongue usually end up looking quite similar to indents where my teeth are. Lack of sleep also aggravates the problem by prolonging the healing process. Drinking lots of water and chewing gum helps.