i am a 5'3 238lb 22 year old female. i played tackle football 5 days ago and suffered a pretty harsh blow, i was running at full speed with the ball in my arms and was rammed by a shoulder to the back knocking my momentum forward. im not entirely sure of much else but i know my face hit the ground on its side and i did at least one full forward rotation the did pop the bones in my neck. i lost my breath for only 1 minute as i laid on my back. once i forced myself to stand up i was ver dizzy and disoriented and nearly fell back down, i continued to play but suffered no more contact. my brain continued to be fuzzy the rest of the day and i would have random and selevtive memory loss or distortion. 2 more times in that day and at least once every day since i have become a little dizzy or disoriented. my chest near the bottom of my left breast has been in constant pain that is worse when i stretch, sneeze yawn, hiccup, burp, turn, and trying to sleep. the first night i applied moist heat to my chest, yet it didnt provide any improvement to the pain. the entire first day of the injury, i lost my appetite entirely and could not finish my thanksgiving meal when i usually go for 2nds and 3rds. i had random times several points that day in which food would backfire and i caught it and repressed it. the whole day and night i was nauseous but never got sick, i was afraid it would hurt too much if i let it. i dont have the insurence to see a doctor and i already have overdue hospital bill from 2-3 months ago from my bout with nemonia and bronchitis. im seeking any frugal way to seek care or any advice for at home care. or anyone who may think this could be more serious than a mild concussion and a bruised sternum which is my educated hypothosis. and what else could it be, whats the worst case scenario if i go on unchecked.... that kind of thing.. thank you so much for any help you can give! ~tiffany in VA

Tiffany,
Even the mildest concussion can cause imperceptible but permanent loss in cognitive function. In other words, concussions can make you stupid. The effect of concussion is additive. Having a prior concussion makes a person much more susceptible to future concussions. Based on your description, your concussion was more serious than mild. You also have symptoms of broken ribs on the left side and possibly internal injuries such as a ruptured spleen. I strongly suggest that you stay away from contact sports for quite a while. If your rib pain and nausea continue, you will have to see a doctor, as there may be internal bleeding that can become life-threatening if left untreated.