I live in an attic apartment in my mother in law's house together with my husband, and part of the roof is diagonal, with some sharp edges. I am sure that you know what I am talking about. We have both banged out heads on there before, and it was quite painful but nothing major. Now I banged my head again yesterday, and I was bleeding on the spot where I hit my head, which was my forehead just above my eyebrow on the left hand side. I now have a huge bump there and what's more important, a headache on and off. Do I need to be worried about that?

That sounds like you have a concussion to be honest! Concussions happen quite often after bumping your head or shaking it or something similar, and headaches can be part of the symptoms. Do you also feel very tired, dizzy, and like fainting? Then that is definitely what you have. The cure is rest and if possible in a quiet and dark room. Beware though: Someone should wake you up every few hours because there is a risk of going into coma. But that's very small, so do not worry too much. Still, I think it is better to be on the safe side.