I just started taking birth control for the first time. I still have 11 pills left until my first pack is finished. (so 11 more days until I'm supposed to start my period). Two days ago I started spotting. It was very light, hardly noticable. I assumed it was normal bc spotting is common with bc. (I hear) Yesterday I started bleeding, and have had very painful cramps. I feel like I'm on my period right now, but according to my bc I still have 11 days before I start. Since this is my first time taking the bc, I have no idea if this is common or if I should see a doctor. Please help.

Hmm I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I have no clue if it's normal.

With my first pack of bc I started my period two weeks before it was supposed to come. It was actually exactly 15 day early. I bled very badly for those 15 days till I was suppsed to start my next pack and it just randomly stopped. I think it's normal it just takes your body a little time to get used to it. If you are concerned however, you should call your doctor.

What about the really painful cramps? Did you have any?