Why are stress sufferers not immune to physical illness? What are the common stress related illnesses? How can we avoid or at least handle stress? I believe that my ulcer problems started due to stress.

Stress related illnesses can be caused by prolonged or repeated periods of stress, so disease of the stomach and intestines, such as duodenal ulcers and colitis, are often linked to stress. Stress also suppresses the body's ability to fight off disease, such diverse illnesses as flu, mononucleosis, herpes simplex, and some kinds of cancer have been shown to be affected by stress. Dealing with stress can be complicated. We all need to figure out ways to best manage the stress in our lives. Some may practice relaxation techniques and various forms of meditation, but handling stress is essential for avoiding both mental and physical illness. No one can completely avoid stress. I found that yoga is most beneficial in my case.