I have a dull lower back pain (like period cramps) and I feel like I have to go #2. Hardly any comes out, but this clear mucus with blood is present. Hardly any smell. Wondering what this substance is? Pus? Mucus? What could each mean? Where could the blood be coming from? I am a 39 yr old female. I always have difficulty with bm's. The other night I woke up with bad cramps and had diaherrea, got sweaty cold chills and dizzy. I have gotten these periodically. Didn't notice any blood. Now this, what could this mean?

go see a gastroenterologist! There are some meds that can help, and if there is a more serious problem, they will be able to point you in the right diretion.
I suffered with this type of symptom for longer than I had to.

Hi there. 

Look, whatever you notice blood in your stool after drinking, that is a sign that something is not ok and that this needs to be checked. 

You are going though some changes that should not be ignored.

Now, when it comes to this gel that you are noticing, if there is a little of it, there is no need for you to be scared. On the other hand, if you notice a lot of it, that is your wake up call. At one hand, the presence of mucus in stool is common for everyone and when you’re healthy, mucus is typically clear, which makes it difficult to notice. It may also appear white or yellow, and that is OK. But also it can be a sign of some health issues such as anal fissures, Chron's disease, etc..

Analyzes are needed for this. 

Hey!

It happened to me as well, but it was gone very soon so I really didn't need a reason to be scared or to see my doctor. Beside this, I never had some issues like a bloody stool or something similar. 

When we are talking about clear gel - like secretion in stool or mucus in stool, it can be because of irritable bowel syndrome and this is something that affects a lof of the population in the USA generally. 

In this case, the main reason of mucus function in the digestive system is to help food pass through our esophagus, and over our mucus membranes. If this is the reason, there is no way for you to be worried.

But it also can be caused because of inflammatory bowel diseases. It can be extremely serious, so you should determine what is in your case. 

i got the same thing but with out any blood im diagnosed with "ibs" but this is the first time that the clear gel like substance was in my stool help please

Concerned... What did you ever find out? This sounds kind of gross, but just the other day, I was walking through the mall, and felt the need to "go wipe" myself, like I had possible missed something when I used the bathroom earlier, and was shocked when I wiped to find a slimy bloody gel on the T.P.... I panic that something horrible is wrong with me - which is what lead me to investigate the internet. I too, am a 39 year old female with # 2 issues in the past, which include bouts of constipation and diarrhea, and about 15 years ago, I had some horrible stomach pains that produced fleshy blood substance. Another area of concern has been in the last year or so, a pressure type pain in my rectum, that actually wakes me when I am asleep. This has only happened a couple times, and typically goes away soon after, or once I have a B.M. Added all together, it doesn't sound "quite right" down there - which makes me extremely nervous. I am so afraid of the humiliation of being checked out in that area, :$ as well as finding out something could be horribly wrong as well..

this has just started happening with.. me.. i do have IBS but.. this has Never Happend before.. did you happen to find out if this is caused by anything els?

Im a 19 year old female and it began about 3 months ago with sevear cramps... to the point where i found it hard to walk. it was over a weekend so i didnt get to a doctor and it passed after 2 days. I had blood in my stools and since i've been having diorreah and constipation... and the "gel" substance. Its getting on my nerves and im embarrised by it!

IBS runs in my family but i've been keepign a diary of food i've eaten etc...to see if anything sets me off but i just get it all the time no matter what i cut out of my diet or add.

HELP!

I have alot of these same symptoms. I've been to several different doctors and they dont know jack, 1 told me i had parasites, another told me i had ibs, another said i have colitis. I've given up. I have "normal" stools one day a week and usually in the bathroom for several hors throghot the day. During the week i try to get something ot and end up with the whitish gel , it always floats. and after the 1 day i spend in the bathroom when i'm finally done done, i feel like i'm starving. but throghot the week i can go for 3 days before i even feel hungry. my stomach is usually pretty decended the day before i have to go so much and is accompanied by bad cramps. I've noticed a few foods that will help me have multiple stools throgh the week, anything with whorstesire sauce or vingar on it. Milk makes my stomache hurt althogh i've never been diagonised with lactoce intolerance. Don't be afraid to go see a doc, because yo umight get a good one that can help you and answer yor questions.

OMG!!!!! I thought i was a freak of nature! I have the exact same symptoms n it is pure hell. If anybody finds out what on earth this is PLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE let me know. I live n a lil bitty town n they cant find anything. I look crazy to em i am sure but its awful n nothin helps or hurts. this has been goin on for years and no answers anywhere in sight.

19 yr old male.. This has been happening to me blood on the tp and sudden pains in rectum
I thought it was probably a hem but I've had stomach nausea also an that keeps me worried

Severe, often bloody diarrhea, vomitting, fever; life-threatening if untreated. Dysentery is inflammation of the bowel resulting from infection. There are two kinds – dysentery caused by a bacterial germ (bacillary dysentery or shigellosis), and amoebic dysentery, caused by an amoeba called Entamoeba histolytica.

Dysentery is a more serious form of diarrhea, where the stools are tinged with blood and mucus. The diarrhea can be quite severe, characterized by colicky pains and frequent urging. Stools can be passed as often as fifteen to thirty times per day. The onset is typically sudden, accompanied by a high fever and thirst. The illness causes great fatigue and depletion of strength. Dehydration is a serious side-effect, especially if the person becomes too weak to drink enough liquids. In cases of amebic dysentery, the symptoms are quite mild, with constipation and diarrhea alternating, combined with some intestinal cramping and gas. The danger of an amebic dysentery is involvement of the liver, and can lead to hepatitis, cysts and abscesses. These liver problems can remain dormant for many years.

Do you think that's really the issue? It sounds to me like in a lot of these cases that it's pretty much just normal stool issues. Mostly it sounds like there's mild dehydration and it does help a lot to just drink some water. Does that sound right?

:$ I too suffer from this constipation, abdominal pain, sometimes go a week or 2 without having an actual bm, even with suppositories, laxatives, & enemas. Most of the time there is a couple of droppings & the rest the blood tinged mucous. Today, though, I tried to go & I had bright red blood dripping out, a little mucous, and the pressure & urge of a bm...but, NOTHING! AS USUAL!!! Sometimes, well a couple times a week, at least, I get so irritable & achy & sick that I don't know how my husband & boys can stand to be near me!!! Alot of the time, I get SO depressed & aggravated that I don't & WON'T talk to anyone for a day or 2 (sometimes more)!!! I am so tired of feeling like this, I went to a dr. & he says to eat more fiber!!! THAT is one of the things I use on a regular basis! Sometimes I can't eat for days, although, I feel as if I am starving! And days like today, after not eating for 2-3 days, I LOOK like I'm starving!!! I know something is very wrong, but, am afraid to see another dr., for fear of the last quack!!! How can a medical professional tell a patient that is passing nothing but mucous & blood to eat more fiber??? I am 39 yrs old & know that this is not normal...what a weirdo!! Please help???

Hey, I'm an 18 year old female.
I eat alot of fibre and have a healthy (if sometimes smaller-than-it-should-be) diet.
I sometimes go once a day, but then usually skip up to 4 days until my next movement. This is not a problem, as i don't get constipated (any more after i started eating alot of flax/chia seeds, and cereal/bread containing psyllium fibre).

However-- at every bowl movement for over 2 years now there is a SMALL trace of bright red blood (both on the stool and on the T.P)
During my monthly cycle there is a TON of blood on my stool (it's practically wrapped in blood/mucus)
And just recently (so far this has happened twice) BEFORE bowl movements, i notice a small drop of clear ourdourless liquid (like water) on my underwear near on my butt area.

Any suggestions?
I would rather get information from this source than consult the doctors, because, as many people have stated here they have no clue what they are saying, and i personally have known people to die/become very ill at their hands. They've never helped me either, bad experiences over all. And, no trust.